In this article, we will be taking a look at the best toothpaste for dogs available on the market today. We decided to publish this article as we have seen a number of people asking for the best dog toothpaste or asking if they can use human toothpaste on dogs. Never use human toothpaste on your dog, almost all human toothpaste contains fluoride that is poisonous and potentially lethal to your dog.
Thankfully, over the past few years, there have been a large number of products released onto the market that has been specifically designed as dog toothpaste. These are cheap, efficient, and most importantly, totally safe to use on your pet dog! All of the products we will be covering in this article have been tested by a large section of the dog owning community and have excellent reputations.
The Best Toothpaste For Dogs
In our opinion, the best dog toothpaste on the market is Petrodex Enzymatic Dog Toothpaste. Not only is it the market leader when it comes to toothpaste for dogs but it is also a vet recommended dog toothpaste. Since its release, it has grown a loyal and dedicated user base of dog owners who use this product on their pet dogs. They have left thousands of independent third-party reviews on this product that you can click here to read if you like.
Features And Benefits
Petrodex Enzymatic Toothpaste has been specifically designed from day one with dogs in mind. Everything from the ingredients list to the flavor of poultry has been selected to make keeping your dog’s teeth as easy as possible for you and as enjoyable as possible for your dog.
Not only does it help to control plaque and tartar on your dog’s teeth but it also helps to protect their gums and improve overall oral hygiene. Additionally, it also has an excellent reputation for helping to fight the bad breath that is so common in dogs.
Question – How much paste should I use when cleaning my pet dogs teeth?
Answer – We recommend that you use about the size of garden peas worth of doggy toothpaste for the best results.
Question – Where is this product produced?
Answer – The United States Of America.
Question – Is this a foaming doggy toothpaste?
Answer – No, although there are a few foaming doggy toothpaste on the market, we tend to advise that you avoid them due to your dog not being able to spit like humans can to dispose of the waste.
We always like to share some independent third party reports from dog owners currently using any products that we recommend. We have summarised some reports below and as usual, you can click on the associated link of each report to read it in full.
- This report comments on how they took their dog to their veterinary for a checkup and the vet commented on how their dog should be on canine dental hygiene posters as their dog’s teeth were so good from this product.
- This report comments on how using this doggy toothpaste helped to loosen the tartar that had built up on their dog’s teeth. They go on to comment on how the tartar easily came off in chunks after using this product for a few brushes.
- This report comments on how their dog actually enjoys having their teeth brushed and has not got into the habit of pestering their owners to have his teeth cleaned before he will go to bed. They then go on to comment on how this is the only doggy toothpaste that their dog will use.
- This report comments on how the toothpaste lasts for a long time as well as shares a number of different photos of the results of using this product on their dog’s teeth.
- This report comments on how their dog used to hate having its teeth cleaned but it loves this toothpaste.
The image below shows the ingredients in this product.
A Video Demonstration
The video below shows you how to use this product to clean your dog’s teeth.
The Second Best Toothpaste For Dogs
Over the years it has also managed to develop an excellent reputation amongst pet owners growing a solid and loyal user base. You can click here to read some third party, independent reviews left by pet owners currently using this product to clean their pet’s teeth.
It is available in the following flavors:-
Features And Benefits
Similar to the SENTRY Petrodex Enzymatic Toothpaste above, the Virbac C.E.T. Enzymatic Toothpaste has been specifically designed for pets from the get-go. Its unique formula is perfect for cleaning your dog’s teeth to encourage oral hygiene and remove plaque and tartar buildup.
Its natural antibacterial action after effects helps prevents any plaque or tartar reforming in your dog’s mouth after brushing. Additionally, it also helps to deal with any back breath in your dog and eliminate the most common causes of mouth odors.
Question – Does Virbac C.E.T. Enzymatic Toothpaste contain foaming agents?
Answer – No, similar to the SENTRY Petrodex Enzymatic Toothpaste above, the Virbac C.E.T. Enzymatic Toothpaste is totally free from all foaming agents to ensure that your pet is able to swallow the toothpaste safely.
Question – Does it contain Xylitol?
Answer – No.
Question – Does this toothpaste come with a doggy toothbrush included?
Answer – No, but you can pick up a high-quality doggy toothbrush cheap.
- This report from a registered dental hygienist comments on how to best use the product as well as how it has performed on their pets.
- This report comments on how their pet loves the flavor of this pet toothpaste.
- This report comments on how their local veterinarian had recommended Virbac C.E.T. Enzymatic Toothpaste to them for their dog. They then go on to comment about how their dog now enjoys having their teeth cleaned since switching to this product.
- This report also comments on how their veterinarian had initially recommended this product. They then go on to comment on how their dog enjoys all of the flavors available and then offer some tips on how to best clean your dog’s teeth with this product.
- This report comments on how their dog likes this toothpaste as well as how easy to use it is.
You can download the ingredients list for all flavors here, the base ingredient list is shown in the image below.
The Third Best Toothpaste For Dogs
Although newer to the market than the other two products covered earlier in the list, the Vet’s Best Enzymatic Dental Gel Toothpaste for Dogs is establishing itself as one of the leading products on the market and growing a dedicated and loyal user base. You can read some of the reviews left over by its third-party, independent user base by clicking here if you wish.
Features And Benefits
Formulated with the direct input of veterinarians, Vet’s Best Enzymatic Dental Gel Toothpaste for Dogs is a high-quality doggy toothpaste that is extremely effective. Its ingredients included a mix of aloe vera, oil of neem, baking soda, grapefruit extract and various essential enzymes for oral hygiene.
Not only does this toothpaste helps to reduce any plaque and tartar buildup on your pet’s teeth but it also helps to prevent any further build-up when used regularly. It also helps to tackle any bad breath in your dog by freshening your pet’s breath in a number of ways.
Question – My packaging looks different than the one in the photo.
Answer – The branding and packaging recently changed leading to there being two different packaging designed out there right now. Over the next year to 18 months, this will fade out.
Question – Does this pet toothpaste contain any foaming agents?
Answer – No, this pet toothpaste is totally free from foaming agents just like the ones covered earlier in the article.
Question – Where is this product made?
Answer – Virbac C.E.T. Enzymatic Toothpaste is made in the United States Of America.
- This report comments on how their dogs and gums both look and smell much better than they used to before using this product. Additionally, they comment on how neither of their dogs that they use this pet toothpaste on has experienced any negative effects.
- This report comments on how their pet dog was down to her last seven teeth and switching over to this dog toothpaste has helped save their dogs remaining teeth.
- This report comments on how they were initially skeptical about using this pet toothpaste but after 30 days of use, they are happy with the results in their pet.
- This report comments on how just a little amount of this toothpaste will go along way. They then go on to comment on how it has helped their dog’s breath issues with results lasting for a few days between cleans.
The image below shows the ingredients list for this doggy toothpaste.
The Best Natural Dog Toothpaste
Features And Benefits
Sentry Petrodex Natural Dog Toothpaste relies on a number of purely natural abrasives to quickly, safely, and naturally remove both plaque and tartar from your dog’s teeth while brushing. As with the products covered above, not only does it help clean your pet’s teeth via the plaque and tartar removal but it also helps freshen their breath.
There are no artificial preservatives, flavors or additives in this doggy toothpaste and all of the ingredients are 100% natural. It has a strong peanut butter flavor that dogs are sure to love to help make the process of brushing your dog’s teeth as easy as humanly possible.
Question – Is this toothpaste really 100% natural with no artificial ingredients at all?
Answer – Yes, all ingredients are natural and there are no artificial colors, flavors or preservatives in the toothpaste.
Question – Is there any frothing agents in this doggy toothpaste?
Answer – No, this toothpaste is 100% free from frothing agents.
Question – Where is this dog toothpaste made?
Answer – It is made in Omaha, the United States Of America.
- This report comments on how they started using this doggy toothpaste and how they haven’t had to take their dog for a veterinary tooth clean for three years.
- This report comments on how this product works and how the owner’s dog enjoys the taste of the toothpaste.
- This report comments on how both of the owner’s dogs are happy with with the toothpaste and goes on to comment on how the toothpaste has a pleasant herbal scent to it.
- This report comments on how their puppy loves the peanut flavor of this toothpaste. They then go on to comment on how their puppies breath is fresh and how there is not much tartar buildup on their teeth.
- This report comments on how their dogs actually get excited when they see their owner get the toothpaste out as the like the flavor so much. They also comment on how it helps keep their dog’s breath fresh and helps prevent any buildups.
The image below shows the ingredients listed for this product.