In this article, we will be taking a look at the best scissors for cat grooming available on the market today. Many cat owners choose to groom their cats by clipping their fur, it can even be an essential activity in some of the long-haired cat breeds to help remove matted or tangled fur.
All of the scissors on this list have been selected as they are cheap, easy to use, and have an excellent reputation with the cat owners community. Any of these scissors will be able to safely keep your cat’s fur trim and quickly, easily, and safely remove any tats or tangles from its fur. They are also perfect for safely trimming any excess fur around your pet’s eyes if required.
The Best Scissors For Cat Grooming
Features And Benefits
These are actually a set of two different high-quality scissors that compliment each other perfectly. You have the initial longer pair of scissors with their smooth clean cut blades that are perfect for trimming your cat’s body hair and removing hair tats. The second, smaller pair of scissors with their micro-serrated edge is perfect for any trimming in delicate areas such as your pet’s face and paws.
The rounded tips of each set of scissors increase the safety level when being used around your pet that may move unpredictably. This feature helps to remove the risk of accidentally poking your pet and causing any avoidable pain or suffering that may occur if you had been using a pair of scissors designed for humans.
Made from extremely high-quality surgical stainless steel you can rest assured they will not begin to rust or degrade quickly after use. The blades have been sharpened to the optimal cutting edge that will be able to cut through the thickest fur with minimum effort when required. The handles of the scissors have been cushioned to offer you maximum comfort during use to ensure grooming your pet is a pleasurable experience for both you and your pet.
As with all products that we recommend, we always want to share additional independent third party reports from pet owners currently using these scissors on their pet. We have summarised these posts below but you can click the link to read the report in full if you wish:-
- This report comments on how this Pet Magasin grooming scissors blow the set from a competitor they have previously used out of the water.
- This report comments on how they have had issues with scissors from competing products going dull quickly and becoming difficult to use. They go on to report how the Pet Magasin grooming scissors are very sharp, cut cleanly and how the rounded tips on the scissors are fantastic.
- This report comments on how the user has used products from Pet Magasin previously and always been satisfied with their performance. They go on to comment on how these scissors are sharp and that their finger holes are large enough for their large fingers to use without issue. They also comment on how easy it is to take the scissors apart for cleaning if needed.
- This report comments on how they pet scissors are easy to hold and maneuver when cutting their pet’s fur. They go on to comment on how they feel safe cutting their pet’s fur around their eyes without worrying about harming their pet.
Question – Are these scissors good for x animal or x breed?
Answer – Yes, they have been designed to work perfectly on all pets.
Question – How do you clean these scissors?
Answer – Warm soapy water is fine, they are made from surgical steel and will not rust.
Question – Do these cat scissors have any problem cutting through tats?
Answer – No, either set will be plenty to get through even the toughest of tats.
The Second Best Cat Grooming Scissors
Tiny Trims. Again, they have proven to be very effective for grooming your pet and have also gained an excellent reputation in the pet owners community with a larger user base. You can click here to read reviews from pet owners currently using these pet scissors on their cats.
Features And Benefits
Similar to the cat scissors above, these have also been designed with your pet’s safety in mind and have ball tipped blades to minimize the chance of an accident. Their finger holes are large enough for even the largest of fingers offering all cat owners a quick and easy way to trim their cat’s fur.
The extra leverage offered by the longer arm between the finger holds and the blades make it easier to cut through even the toughest of tats without issue. The blades are so sharp that your cat may not even feel you trimming its fur with these making the whole process much easier.
Question – Do you have to use a sawing motion to cut with this scissors like some of the competition?
Answer – No, these scissors have been specifically designed to cut through even the toughest of tats in your cat’s fur with the regular cutting motion.
Question – How should I sharpen these when they dull?
Answer – These scissors should not dull quickly if you do need to shapen them then contact the manufacturer for a free replacement.
Question – Do these scissors work for both left and right-handed people?
Answer – Yes, they have been designed to work fine no matter what your dominant hand is.
Again, there are a number of reports out there that you can read from third-party independent pet owners. We have taken the time to summarise some of the below reports for you and you can click their associated links to read more if you like:-
- This report comments on how the pet owner would highly recommend these pet scissors. They then go on to comment on how nice and sharp they are and how the ball tips of the scissors make it safe to cut around their pets eyes and sensitive paw areas.
- This report comments on how the pet owner is able to quickly trim their pet’s fur at lightning speed. They then go on to mention how they scissors are small, sharp, safe, and inexpensive.
- This report comments on how these scissors are sharp and decent.