In this article, we will be taking a look at the best chew toy for german shepherd dogs on the market right now as well as some other leading products in the niche. With many German Shepherds being heavy chewers we often see owners of the breed reaching out for advice on what chew toy they can invest in to stop their dog from destroying so many items.
We have researched the market and have settled on what we feel are the top three products in the niche. All of these three toys have been tried and tested by dog owners all over the world and have an excellent reputation in the dog owning community.
The Best Chew Toy For German Shepherd Dogs
In our opinion, the absolute best german shepherd proof toy on the market right now is the Benebone Real Flavor Wishbone Dog Chew Toy. Since its release, it quickly managed to establish itself as the market leading product in the niche with very few items being able to challenge it for the top spot.
It has a core customer base of dog owners who use it as their go-to anti-chew solution and report it is an excellent toy to stop chewing. There are plenty of reviews of the product online and you can click here to read some of them left over by other German Shepherd owners if you like. All of those reviews have been left over by third-party, independent dog owners who have no connection to our website at all. We feel sharing these reviews help to give our readers a well-rounded view of any products that we recommend.
Features And Benefits
The Benebone Real Flavor Wishbone Dog Chew Toy is currently available in three different sizes and three different flavors to ensure that there is something available for all dogs. We recommend that you pick up the large size toy if you have an adult German Shepherd or the Medium sized toy if you have a puppy.
It’s unique, dog-friendly designed is perfect for your dog’s jaw shape and offers a larger surface area with multiple textures to ensure that your dog is able to get a good chew going. It also contains one hundred percent real food ingredients as its flavor source helping to keep your German Shepherd interested in the toy indefinitely.
Question – Where is the Benebone Real Flavor Wishbone Dog Chew Toy made?
Answer – It is made in the United States of America.
Question – Where can I see a full ingredients list for the Benebone Real Flavor Wishbone Dog Chew Toy?
Answer – This product contains only two ingredients that change slightly depending on the flavor. The product always contains Nylon and a high-quality food-grade flavor. For example, the peanut butter flavor chew toy will also contain Peanut Flour.
Question – Are any of the ingredients in the Nylon and food grade Peanut Flour sourced for China?
Answer – No, all ingredients in the product are sourced from North America with the majority coming from the United States Of America.
We have found the below reports online for the Benebone Real Flavor Wishbone Dog Chew Toy and decided to share them to give our readers a well-rounded view of the product. Although we have summarised the reports to make them quicker to read, you can click on the links to read the original report in full if you like.
- This report comments on how the Benebone Real Flavor Wishbone Dog Chew Toy is the only toy that they have tried that passes their own safety test as well as can put up with the punishment that their German Shepherd gives it. They mention how their dog is from a working line and that the toy has managed to put up with two weeks of use without any fragments breaking off.
- This report comments on how the Benebone Real Flavor Wishbone Dog Chew Toy is their German Shepherds favorite chew toy and that it can keep their dog occupied with daily chewing for three months before it requires replacing. They mention how their dog is a very aggressive chewer and that no shards have broken off the product in this time frame.
- This report comments on how they feel that the Benebone Real Flavor Wishbone Dog Chew Toy is the best chew toy they have purchased for their German Shepherd. They mention how they have tried a bunch of competing products but their dog prefers this one. They mention how their dog loves it and that it is able to keep their dog engaged in chewing it while not breaking off or sharding helping to keep their dog safe while chewing.
- This report comments on how they love the Benebone Real Flavor Wishbone Dog Chew Toy. They mention how they purchased it for their brothers German Shepherd and that the dog was a large fan of the toy.
- This report comments on how all three of their dogs love the Benebone Real Flavor Wishbone Dog Chew Toy. They mention how they feel that it is the best chew toy that they have managed to find and that it manages to stand up to their German Shepherds chewing. They also mention how the bones have not broken down or resulted in bleeding gums in their dogs in the whole three months they have used them.
An Independent Video Overview
The Second Best Chew Toy For German Shepherds!
Due to its large core customer base, there are plenty of reviews online for the product from various third-party, independent dog owners. You can click here to read some of the reviews left by other German Shepherd Owners sharing their experiences with the toy if you like.
Features And Benefits
The Kong Classic Dog Toy is a mentally stimulating toy that offers plenty of essential enrichment for your German Shepherd to help keep it occupied and meet its instinctual chewing needs. Although the classic red version of the toy is the most well known, there is also the black version that has been specifically designed for heavy chewers. As many German Shepherds tend to be heavy chewers it is usually a good idea to take a look at it too.
The unique design of the toy offers a unique bouncing pattern every time you throw it making it harder for your dog to predict the toys trajectory during games of fetch. As you can fill the toy with KONG Easy Treat you can keep your German Shepherd interested in play time and fulfilling its chewing needs on the toy longer than going of to chew on something it shouldn’t.
Question – Where is the Kong Classic Dog Toy made?
Answer – It is made in the United States of America.
Question – Does the Kong Classic Dog Toy splinter, break down or shard during use?
Answer – No, its unique production process is designed to ensure that the toy will not break down during use.
Question – Does the Kong Classic Dog Toy float?
Answer – No, due to its hollow design to store treats for play time, it will not float.
- This report comments on how their German Shepherd loves Kong Classic Dog Toy even though she can quickly destroy most chew toys she is provided with, but not this. They mention that they actually lost their first Kong Classic Dog Toy so decided to order a second one as it performed so well.
- This report comments on how the Kong Classic Dog Toy is their German Shepherds favorite toy. They mention that the first one they purchased managed to last ten years with two dogs regularly using it. They mention how their dogs enjoy the unique bounces of the toy when it plays with it and gives them something to chase.
- This report comments on how they have an eight-month-old German Shepherd puppy that tried to chew through everything. They mention that their friend suggested the Kong Classic Dog Toy and they decided to pick one up. They fill it with Peanut Butter to keep their dog interested and they mention that their dog tries to chew through it but so far it has managed to hold its own.
- This report comments on how their dog loves chewing on its Kong Classic Dog Toy and chasing it during games of fetch. They mention that their German Shepherds are heavy chews and usually manage to get through the regular red ones but they decided to move over to the black ones as they are better for their needs.
- This report comments on how they picked up a Kong Classic Dog Toy for their pet German Shepherd and that he seems to like the chew toy. They also mention that it is very durable and the toy lasts a long time.