In this article, we will be taking a look at the absolute best cat food for struvite crystals on the market along with a number of alternative cat foods that we have found. Struvite crystals are essentially bladders stones that are relatively common in both cats and dogs, especially when they are in their senior years. Due to this we usually see a steady stream of people asking for advice on what foods are good for their pets, especially cats who are suffering from the condition.
Although there are some prescription cat foods available for the condition from local veterinarians, there are a handful of over the counter, non-prescription cat foods that you can pick up for a fraction of the price. Our hope is that not only will the products in this article help our readers make their cats lives a little easier but also help keep their cat food costs down.
The Best Cat Food For Cats With Urinary Tract Problems On The Market
In our opinion, the best non-prescription cat food for urinary crystals on the market by far is the Purina Pro Plan Dietetic Management Food. Although it is a relatively small niche in the market, we feel that it is the market leading product with an established core customer base of cat owners who use it as their go-to food.
There are plenty of reviews online about the product left a number of cat owners whos pet cats either suffer from or are susceptible to Struvite Crystals. You can click here to read some of these reviews if you like, they are totally independent and left by cat owners who have no connection to our website and just wanted to share their experiences using the food.
Features And Benefits
Although Purina Pro Plan Dietetic Management Food was actually developed to assist owners with diabetic cats, it is also the perfect food type to help reduce the chance of your cat developing either struvite crystals or calcium oxalate crystals.
It is a high protein, low carb cat food that is jam-packed with antioxidants. It provides all the nutrients that your cat requires to lead a healthy lifestyle. It is available in both dry and wet food form to ensure that you are able to take advantage of the recipes to ease your cat’s condition no matter its regular food.
Question – Where is Purina Pro Plan Dietetic Management Food produced?
Answer – It is made in the United States of America.
Question – Are any of the ingredients in Purina Pro Plan Dietetic Management Food sourced from China?
Answer – No, the majority of the ingredients are sourced from North America with a small number coming from Europe.
Question – Where can I see a full ingredients list for Purina Pro Plan Dietetic Management Food?
Answer – The image below is the full ingredients list of the product directly from the manufacturer.
We have found the reports below online while researching the product, we have summarised the reports to make the quicker to read but you can click on any of the links to be taken to the original to read it in full if you like.
- This report comments on how they took in an elderly cat that had a number of issues. They did some research and decided to put their cat on Purina Pro Plan Dietetic Management Food to try and improve its quality of life. They go on to mention how their cat quickly began to gain weight and that their cat seems to love the flavor of the food and eats it readily.
- This report comments on how they turned to Purina Pro Plan Dietetic Management Food for their cat. They mention that initially their cat had some digestive issues after being switched to the product but it quickly got used to the food mix and its stools firmed up.
- This report comments on how their cat loves Purina Pro Plan Dietetic Management Food. They mention how it contains premium ingredients and that is has helped control their cat’s dietary issues.
- This report comments on how it has the perfect protein and carbohydrate breakdown and that they use it as their main food for all four of their cats. They mention how switching their cats over to this food mix has also helped with their cat’s hairball issues too.
- This report comments on how their cat is twelve years old and has a number of issues. They mention how they purchase the food online as it helps to further reduce costs while also helping their cat. The finish by commenting on how they plan to keep ordering it as their main cat food source.
The image below shows the nutritional profile for Purina Pro Plan Dietetic Management Food direct from the manufacturer.
The Second Best Cat Food For Struvite Crystals On The Market
Again, there are plenty of third-party reviews online about the product left by other cat owners in a similar situation. You can click here to read some of them if you like and again, all of those reviews have been left over from independent cat owners who have no connection to our website.
Features And Benefits
Royal Canin Urinary SO Morsels in Gravy is a high-quality cat food that is the ideal wet food for anyone whos cat suffers from struvite crystals. The increased levels of potassium and sodium in the food mix help to increase the urine frequency in your cat to reduce the chance of crystals forming. Additionally, there is reduced levels of magnesium, calcium, and magnesium in the food mix to further reduce the chances of any struvite crystals being able to form.
In addition to the above, it also offers a balanced nutritional profile for your cats to help them lead a healthy lifestyle. Additionally, the food mix has additional antioxidants to help boost your cat’s immune system.
Question – Where is Royal Canin Urinary SO Morsels in Gravy produced?
Answer – It is made in the United States of America.
Question – Is a prescription required for Royal Canin Urinary SO Morsels in Gravy?
Answer – No, it is an over the counter specialist cat food.
Question – How many calories are in a can of Royal Canin Urinary SO Morsels in Gravy?
Answer – Each can contains around sixty calories the screenshot below shows the full ingredients list for the product directly from the manufacturer too.
- This report comments on how they have a ten-year-old cat that they had to take to an emergency appointment to their local veterinarian due to it having stones. They mention how their veterinarian recommended that they start to feed their cat Royal Canin Urinary SO Morsels in Gravy due to it being better at dealing with these problems and that since they switched over their cat’s problems have cleared up. They also mention how their cat actually likes the food mix.
- This report comments on how their cat was diagnosed with struvite crystals that their local veterinarian recommended that their start to feed their cat Royal Canin Urinary SO Morsels in Gravy. They mention that their cat ate the food quickly after serving it and that he actually ended up licking the bowl clean.
- This report comments on how their cat had issues with struvite crystals. They mention how they turned to Royal Canin Urinary SO Morsels in Gravy as its unique formula helps to neutralize the pH of your cat’s urine and further reduce the chances of struvite crystals forming.
- This report comments on how they turned to Royal Canin Urinary SO Morsels in Gravy as it was recommended to them by their local veterinarian for one of the cats that had urethra complications. They mention how they feed this to all three of their male cats and mention that they would definitely purchase more of it as they feel that it is a healthy cat food product.
The image below shows the full nutritional profile directly from the manufacturer for Royal Canin Urinary SO Morsels in Gravy.