[the_ad id=”4030″]In this article, we will be taking a look at how to stop a dog from licking a wound without a collar! We have seen a number of people asking similar questions at a steadily increasing rate over the past year or so including a number of our readers. We have decided to research the various methods out there to help with this and decided to publish this article.
Our hope is that this article will be able to help as many of our readers as possible. We have a number of highly-effective methods that you can take advantage off to stop your dog from licking its wounds. None of them require the use of a collar cone and all of them are cheap and easy to source.
How To Stop A Dog From Licking A Wound Without A Collar
As with any product that is the market leader in its niche, there are plenty of reviews online from third-party independent dog owners that you can read by clicking here. Although there are many uses for Grannick’s Bitter Apple Spray, there are a number of dog owners specifically using it to get their dogs to stop licking their wounds that you can read by clicking here.
Features And Benefits
Grannick’s Bitter Apple Spray is the perfect spray to discourage your dog from licking, biting or chewing. Not only can it be used to deter these actions on any wounds on your dog but it can also be used to prevent your dog from chewing on furniture or biting things that it shouldn’t be.
If you have applied some form of bandage to your dogs wound then you can also apply Grannick’s Bitter Apple Spray directly to the bandage to deter your dog from licking, chewing, biting or gnawing on the bandage. It is a totally safe and non-toxic product that is easy to use. All you have to do is spray the product on the area that you don’t want your dog to lick and then leave it to do its thing.
Question – Where is Grannick’s Bitter Apple Spray made?
Answer – It is made in Norwalk, Connecticut, The United States Of America.
Question – How often should I apply Grannick’s Bitter Apple Spray?
Answer – One spray is usually enough to last for the whole day without the need to re-apply the product.
Question – Can Grannick’s Bitter Apple Spray cause any problems with my dog’s wound?
Answer – Its formula has been designed to be non-toxic and safe and there are plenty of reports from people who are already using it to stop their dog licking or biting their wounds.
Whenever we recommend a product to our users, we always like to share a number of reports from third-party and independent dog owners who either currently are, or recently have used the product. We feel that this helps to give our readers a better overview of the product as well as impartial advice and opinions on the product.
We have found the below reports online from dog owners using Grannick’s Bitter Apple Spray on their dogs with wounds. We have summarised the reports to make them easier and quicker for our readers to read but you can click on the links to read the original report in full if you like.
- This report comments on how their dog had a wound on her leg and that they would spray Grannick’s Bitter Apple Spray on the medical tape to stop her from biting and chewing the bandage. They go on to common how she didn’t try to pull it off once the spray was applied.
- This report comments on how they had their pet border collie puppy neutered and he also has an accidental cut on his paw from playing. They go on to mention how they took advantage of Grannick’s Bitter Apple Spray to protect the wounds and it worked fine. They also mention how they used the spray on other objects around the house to deter their puppy from chewing them too.
- This report comments on how their dog had some hotspots on its paw that he wouldn’t stop licking and that they were actually starting to turn into full-blown wounds. They mention how they turned to Grannick’s Bitter Apple Spray and it stopped their dog from licking its wounds and allowed them the time required to heal.
- This report comments on how their dog had a number of wounds that required ointment to treat them. They go on to mention how they turned to Grannick’s Bitter Apple Spray to prevent their dog from licking its wounds. They say that it worked amazingly well and his wounds were able to heal due to him not licking them anymore.
- This report comments on how their pet Greyhound has a wound on her leg that wouldn’t heal due to excessive licking. They go on to mention that they had tried ecollars and other treatments but nothing worked. They mention that they finally decided to give Grannick’s Bitter Apple Spray a try and that it worked perfectly and their dogs wound was then able to heal.
The image below shows the full ingredient profile for Grannick’s Bitter Apple Spray directly from the side of the packaging.
An Independent Video Review
How To Stop A Dog From Licking A Wound On Its Body
As with any popular product in any niche, the Surgi Snuggly has plenty of reviews online from independent third-party dog owners that you can read by clicking here if you like. All of those reviews are from independent dog owners who either currently are or recently have used the Surgi Snuggly on their dogs.
Features And Benefits
The Surgi Snuggly has been specifically designed to allow your dog to heal in comfort without the need for an Elizabethan collar. Its antimicrobial properties help to protect your dog from possible infection while it heals with the Surgi Snuggly fitted. It has also been scientifically proven to have the ability to help ease any anxiety that you pet may experience due to having a wound.
The Surgi Snuggly was developed from the very start by a veterinarian that had over forty years of experience of treating animals. The product has been built to such a high standard that it is not only recommended but also used by thousands of veterinarians and other pet professionals all over the world.
The fabric of the Surgi Snuggly is totally free from any potentially harmful chemicals that may irritate or cause issues for your pet’s wound. This lets you rest assured that you pet is recovering in the best possible way without the ability to bite, lick or chew its wound.
Question – Where is the Surgi Snuggly made?
Answer – Is it made in the United States Of America.
Question – How does my dog go potty while in the Surgi Snuggly?
Answer – Instructions are provided with the product but essentially, you just roll up the back end of the suit and attach it to the velcro fastener. Depending on where your dogs wound is, you may be able to fit the suit in this position indefinitely anyway.
Question – Can the Surgi Snuggly be used to help reduce shedding fur being dropped all over the house?
Answer – Although not its primary purpose, it can collect any fur that is shed while your dog has the Surgi Snuggly on and this, in turn, will reduce the fur being dropped all over your home.
- This report comments on how their dog had to have surgery in its belly to remove an intestinal blockage resulting in an incision that was around sixteen inches long in total. They mention how they tried to use an inflatable cone on their dog but as it walked around the home, it would accidentally knock things over and break them. They go on to say that they decided to give the Surgi Snuggly a try and that their dog was much happier in the shirt than with the cone while still not being able to lick his wound.
- This report comments on how they have an extremely active Jack Russell who likes to chew everything. They go on to say that when they had her spayed they decided to invest in a Surgi Snuggly to try and minimize the chances of her licking or biting her stitches out. They go on to mention how they feel that the Surgi Snuggly is a total lifesaver. The confirm that their dog’s belly was fully covered during recovery allowing their dog to heal quickly and efficiently without issue. They also go on to confirm that is is quick and easy to adjust the Surgi Snuggly for their dog to do its business using the included tucking flaps and velcro system.
- This report comments on their dog had severe hotspots and that she would end up chewing them until she would bleed. They go on to mention how nothing else they have tried has managed to stop their dog from itching, licking or biting her hotspots other than the Surgi Snuggly.
- This report comments on how they had their puppy spayed and turned to a Surgi Snuggly to help protect its wound. They go on to mention how their puppy didn’t hate wearing this until she had fully healed.
The Below Is The Sizing Guide For The Surgi Snuggly
An Independent Video Of How To Put The Surgi Snuggly On Your Dog
How To Stop A Dog From Licking A Wound On Its Leg
As with the other products that we have recommended in this article, there are plenty of reviews online from other dog owners who have used the Suitical Dog Recovery Sleeve on their dog that you can read by clicking here if you like.