In this article, we will be taking a look at how to keep a dog in a yard without a fence. There are a whole bunch of reasons that you may not be able to use a traditional style physical fence for your garden to keep your dog safe.
Thankfully, there are a few things that you can use to your advantage to help keep your dog safe and in your yard even without using a fence. We have seen a number of people asking for advice on what to do when in this situation so we have decided to research the topic and publish this article to help as many of our readers as possible.
How To Keep A Dog In A Yard Without A Fence
In our opinion, the quickest and easiest way to keep your dog in your yard without using a traditional fence is to take advantage of a high-quality electric dog fence. They are often much cheaper than most people think and are totally invisible once installed, additionally, they are extremely effective at keeping your dog in your own yard.
The Best Dog Boundary Training Collars On The Market
In our opinion, the best electric dog fence on the market to keep your dog in your yard without using a traditional fence is the PetSafe Wireless Fence. It has only gone from strength to strength since its release onto the market with more and more dog owners moving over to using electric fences to keep their dogs in their yards without the need for an ugly looking wooden or metal fence.
There are a large number of dog owners currently using the PetSafe Wireless Fence and they have left plenty of third-party, independent reviews online of the product that you can read by clicking here if you like. All of those reviews have been wrote by dog owners who are using the product to keep their dogs in their yard and none of the dog owners have any connection to our website.
Features And Benefits
The PetSafe Wireless Fence is a top of the range wireless boundary product that helps to keep your dog in your yard where it is safe without the requirement for any traditional fences. There is no need to dig or bury wires when using the product like with some of the competing products out there on the market as it is based on the distance from an indoor transmitter.
You are able to set up a totally wireless boundary around your property that you can adjust by up to ninety degrees in all directions from the base transmitter. All you have to do it put the totally waterproof collar on your dog and let it go about its daily business. When your dog strays out of the wireless boundary you have five different options to take that will trigger until the dog comes back within the boundary. Fear not, there are various settings that are totally painless such as the audible alarms or vibrations settings that are effective.
Question – Can the PetSafe Wireless Fence wireless boundary be reduced to a distance that is smaller than 90 feet?
Answer – Yes, full instructions are available with the product on how to set it up with additional videos available online.
Question – Can I add additional transmitters and receivers to increase the wireless boundary of the PetSafe Wireless Fence?
Answer – Yes, you can overlap both transmitters and receivers to increase your dog’s available space if you wish.
Question – How do I know when the battery is getting low in the PetSafe Wireless Fence collar?
Answer – There is an LED on the collar that will light up when it is on low power.
The below reports have been summarised by us to make them quicker to read for our readers. If you like, you can click on the links of each of the summarised reports to read the original in full.
- This report comments on it took some time to train their Miniature Schnauzer how to use the PetSafe Wireless Fence system and that he would not initially go too far until he had gotten used to the wireless boundary. They go on to mention how their dog is able to easily tell the difference between the PetSafe Wireless Fence collar and its regular collar so it is comfortable to take regular walks as it can tell the difference between the two. They go on to mention how they would be happy to buy this system again and warn that is may take a couple of weeks to train your dog how it works.
- This report comments on how they have hunting dogs that can sometimes run off to chase a rabbit but that they live near a highway making it dangerous. They go on to say how they decided to give the PetSafe Wireless Fence a try to keep their dogs in their yard and away from the highway without the use of a regular fence. They go on to mention how the product works great for them even though their property has some fifteen to thirty-foot rises and drops across the terrain.
- This report comments on how the PetSafe Wireless Fence works well and that their dog learned how to use it without the need for and strenuous training in a matter of days. They also share a few tips that they have worked out while using the product on their dog.
- This report comments on how the PetSafe Wireless Fence works well for both of their dogs. They go on to mention how they live on a five-acre plot and their dogs like to chase their cows and horses when they can. They go on to say that after getting the collar they let their dogs out, they instantly tried to chase the livestock but cam back when the collar triggered.
- This report comments on how they are glad that they found the PetSafe Wireless Fence. They mention how their yard slopes off but the wireless boundary is able to work without issue. They go on to mention how their dog was able to learn how to use the product and stay within her boundaries within a few days.