In this article, we will be taking a look at the best omega 3 for dogs available on the market. Although there are a number of canine omega three suppliments on the market, the majority of them tend to be a waste of time.
We have researched the market to find the best three products going and we have covered them in detail below. All three products are cheap enough for most people to use, they have a proven history in effectively supplementing your dog’s omega 3 intakes, as well as being easy to get into your dog’s system.
The Best Omega 3 For Dogs
Over the years it has developed an excellent reputation in the dog owners community growing a loyal customer base. You can click here if you would like to read any of these independent, third-party reviews from other dog owners on this product.
Features And Benefits
Not only is it the market leader when it comes to omega 3 supplements, it also contains enough omega six and omega nine to help meed your dogs recommended daily amounts. These essential fatty acids not only help with your dog’s joints but also help promote a healthy skin and coat with reduced risk of some potential allergies.
If your dog is suffering from conditions such as arthritis, this is the perfect supplement to help reduce your dog’s inflammation and ease any joint pain it may be suffering from. Its fast acting ingredients will offer relief in no time at all.
As it has been designed for use with pets from the very beginning, every possible step has been taken to make it as easy as possible to mix with your pet’s food. It is quick and easy to use, simply add it to your pets food and leave your pet to consume it. Unlike some of the competition, it is totally free from any fishy odors meaning your pet is unlikely to know that anything is different with their food.
Question – Are any of the ingredients in this product sourced from China?
Answer – No, the mackerel, anchovies, sardines, and herring that are used to source this base oils for this product are all caught in the North Atlantic Ocean. They are then taken to Iceland to be extracted before being sent to the USA for inspection and for the supplement to be produced.
Question – What is the nutritional breakdown of this product?
Answer – We have screenshots below with a full nutritional, serving and ingredient breakdown.
Question – How do you use this product?
Answer – You add it to your pet’s meals, it must be consumed by your pet to work. This is not a topical treatment to be added to your pets skin, coat or joints. If you use it like a cream, it will not work!
As with all products that we recommend to our loyal readers, we always like to share some independent, third-party reviews from dog owners who are either currently using this product on their pets or have done recently.
The reports below have been summarised by us but you can click each of the associated links to read the reports in full if you wish.
- This report comments on how their dog was having issues with their skin and coat. The owner tried a number of different products to fix the issue such as trying doggy shampoos and conditioners but nothing seemed to work. They then go on to say how after switching to this product, their dog’s skin and coat issues cleared up and some later life joint stiffness also seemed to be better.
- This report comments on how their dog was having issues with sebaceous cysts and after doing some research, they say that omega three is the recommended treatment for this problem. They then go on to comment on how no new cysts have formed since switching over to this product and that they are confident that this is due to this omega three supplement.
- This report comments on how they are pleased with the product and how they are impressed that the ingredients are so simple without the need for any fancy additives.
- This report comments on how they used this omega three doggy supplement to help relieve skin issues that their dogs were having. They go on to comment about how their dogs are now able to sleep without issue or waking to itch their skin.
- This report comments on how their dog has a number of different allergies and that it ended up losing a bunch of its fur. They mention how they had tried other products without much luck before trying this and it helping with their dogs condition.
The image below shows the full ingredients list for this product.
The image below shows the recommended serving size for both cats and dogs when using this product.
The image below shows the guaranteed nutritional analysis of the product.
The Second Best Omega 3 For Dogs
Just like Finest For Pets Pure Omega, Nutramax Welactin for Dogs also has a solid user base of dog owners who have left plenty of reviews on the product. If you like, you can click here to read some of these third party, independent reviews.
Features And Benefits
Being an omega three doggy supplement, this product will help support a healthy skin and coat for your dog as well as healthy joints. If your dog is having any issues with joint pain or joint inflammation. Additionally, it also helps support your dog’s natural immune system to help it fight off any possible infection supporting a healthy lifestyle in your dog.
Question – Is the salmon in this product wild caught or farmed?
Answer – Unfortunately, we were unable to find any information on this, due to its low price, we would guess it is sourced from farmed salmon.
Question – Can I add this to dry dog food?
Answer – Yes, even though this is a liquid omega three supplement, it works perfectly fine with dry dog food.
Question – Is the liquid or capsule form of this supplement better?
Answer – They both work equally well as a treatment, we feel that the liquid version is easier to get your dog to take. If your dog doesn’t like to take medication then our article on how to get your dog to take pills may be able to help you get your dog to take it in capsule form.
- This report, from a professional veterinarian comments on how they recommend this product to their clients who have pets with joint inflammation.
- This report comments on how this product was recommended to them by their veterinarian as an omega three supplement for their dog. They go on to comment about how their dog was having issues with skin allergies and that they decided to give this product a chance.
- This report comments on how they use this omega 3 supplement for their dog to help supplement the omega fatty acids already in its food. They go on to list the various health benefits of getting plenty of omega 3 into your dog’s diet and how they use this supplement to top up their pets omega 3 levels.
- This report also comments on this product was recommended to them by their vet to help their dog recover from an injury. They then go on to comment on how their dog’s joint issues and injury have cleared up.
- This report comments on how they owner purchased the product to treat an itchy skin condition in their new dog. They then go on to comment about their other dogs also enjoying the supplement and how they now use it on all of their dogs.
The image below shows the ingredients list for this supplement.
The screenshot below shows the nutritional information for this supplement.
The Third Best Canine Omega 3 Supplement
That said, it is still extremely successful and popular with the dog-owning community with plenty of feedback available on the product. You can click here to read the reviews posted by third-party independent dog owners who are either currently or have previously used this product on their dogs.
Features And Benefits
These bacon flavor doggy omega 3 suppliments are excellent quality. Although they are in tablet form rather than liquid, their strong bacon flavor and scent helps encourage your dog to swallow the tablet without issue.
As with the other omega 3 suppliments in this article, these tablets will help promote a healthy skin and a shiny coat. It will also help support your dogs bone and joint health as well as provide the essential fatty acids required for your dog to have a healthy brain.
Question – Where is this product manufactured?
Answer – It is manufactured in the United States of America.
Question – Does this help with itchy skin conditions?
Answer – Yes, the essential fatty acids in the table help promote a healthy skin and coat in your pet dog.
Question – Is this also a multivitamin supplement for dogs?
Answer – No, this is specifically an omega 3 doggy supplement.
- This report comments on how the owner can really see a difference in their dog between before and after using the supplement. They then go on to comment on how their dog’s coat looks great and how their eyes look clearer.
- This report comments on how they feel that this product really works and how their dog loves it.
- This report comments on how their dog’s dandruff has cleared up after the owner put their pet on this omega three supplement.
- This report comments on how their senior dog’s overall health improved after giving it this supplement. They then go on to comment on how their coat and eyes are looking healthier than ever.
- This report comments on how their dog used to scratch its skin constantly due to various skin conditions. They then go on to comment on how they will continue to to keep feeding their dog this supplement.
The image below shows the full nutritional profile of this supplement.
Can I Give My Dog Omega 3 For Humans
Dogs require different amounts of omega three to humans, due to this suppliments designed for humans will contain different amounts of omega three than supplements designed for dogs. Usually, a supplement that has been designed for a human will not contain enough omega three to have any real effect on your dog’s health.
With the doggy omega three suppliments covered above being so cheap and readily available, we see no real reason to feed your dog a human omega three supplements. If for whatever reason, you do feel that this is necessary then its still probably best to consult your veterinarian before moving forward.
Some human based omega three suppliments have additives in them that could be harmful to your pet dog. Additionally, different brands of supplements contain slightly different ingredients to each other. A visit to your local veterinarian for advice will be the best way to know if the product you have is fit for dogs. Remember to take the product with you so that your veterinarian can read the ingredients list and make an informed decision for you.