In this article, we will be answering the question what do you feed baby lizards? Now, in all honesty, this does depend on the type of lizard that you have. A small minority of lizards are herbivores and will only eat vegetables whereas the majority are omnivores and will eat both vegetables and meat with the remainder being carnivores that will eat only meat.
Once you work out what type of lizard you have, you will be in a much better position to work out what to feed your baby lizard. That said, the majority of lizards kept as pets are omnivores so we will be moving forward presuming that the baby lizard you need to feed is also an omnivore. That said, here is our list of recommended foods:-
A Dedicated Food Mix For Lizards
In our opinion, the easiest option for most people when it comes to a food source for baby lizards is Zilla Reptile Munchies Mix Treat. If you have a baby lizard that is from a species that is a herbivore then a totally vegetarian variant of the food is available too.
Although this lizard food is relatively new to the market, it is quickly growing its core customer base and has established itself as the market-leading product in its niche. You can click here to read a number of third-party reviews that have been left by independent lizard owners who either currently are or recently have used this product as the main food for their lizards.
Features And Benefits
Zilla Reptile Munchies Mix Treat is a nutritious and convenient meal that will meet the nutritional requirements of the vast majority of baby lizards without any issues at all. As the food is dehydrated, there is absolutely no need to refrigerate the product for storage. The convenient packaging that is easily resealable allows you to quickly and easily re-seal the food ready for storage after use.
All you have to do is follow the instructions on the packaging to add the correct amount of water as per your serving size and then offer the food to your baby lizard. The high-quality ingredients contained within the food mix will provide a whole range of various essential vitamins and minerals to help your baby lizard grow at optimum rates and live a healthy life.
Question – Do you have to add water to hydrate Zilla Reptile Munchies Mix Treat before offering it to your baby lizard?
Answer – Yes, just follow the re-hydration instructions on the packaging and then offer the food mix to your baby lizard.
Question – Where can I see a full ingredients list for Zilla Reptile Munchies Mix Treat?
Answer – The image below shows the ingredient profile from the packaging of the product.
Question – Where can I see a feeding guide for Zilla Reptile Munchies Mix Treat?
Answer – The image below shows the feeding guide direct from the packaging.
- This report comments on how they feed Zilla Reptile Munchies Mix to their juvenile lizard and that it seems to really like the product. They mention how they like to mix hot water with it to rehydrate the food before serving and that they also add some kale and wax worms to the mix.
- This report comments on how they feed Zilla Reptile Munchies Mix to their lizard after he had fallen ill and was refusing to eat its regular food. They mention that they are glad they turned to this product as it’s not the only thing their pet lizard will eat and that he actually gets excited about his meals.
- This report comments on how they feel Zilla Reptile Munchies Mix is a great way to switch up their pet lizards diet. They mention they have seen some contradictory advice on various websites but this makes feeing very easy.
- This report comments on how their pet lizard can be picky with what she eats but they confirm she loves Zilla Reptile Munchies Mix. They mention that she absolutely devours everything in the food mix other than the carrots. They mention that they are a repeat customer of the product and plan to keep purchasing it.
- This report comments on how they feed Zilla Reptile Munchies Mix to their reptiles and that they gobble it down without protest. They mention that they like that it has a bunch of different insects in the food mix and that it is quick and easy to rehydrate for serving.
The image below shows the nutritional profile for Zilla Reptile Munchies Mix Treat directly from the side of the packaging.