In this article, we will be taking a look at the best waterless shampoo for dogs available on the market today. Due to it being a total nightmare to bathe some dogs, many dog owners are turning to waterless shampoo as a quick and easy alternative.
We have researched a number of products currently available on the market and decided to publish this article to help any of our readers in this situation. The products in this article have an excellent reputation in the dog-owning community and provide an easy way to clean your dog.
The Best Waterless Shampoo For Dogs
As with any good product, there is a large number of dog owners who swear by it making up the core component of its loyal customer base. You can click here to read third-party independent reviews of this product left by its current customers.
It is currently available in the following scents:-
Features And Benefits
Both of its scents have a pleasant smell with the Lavender and Chamomile scent just taking the lead over the Coconut Lime Verbana in our opinion. Although it is cheap, it is a high-quality four in one product that acts as a shampoo, conditioner, detangler, and a moisturizer.
It has a neutral and balanced pH while also being paraben and alcohol-free to reduce the chance of any negative reaction in your dog’s coat or on its skin from use. Its ingredients are derived from plants to try and keep the product as natural as possible.
It’s easy to use pump handle dispenses the perfect amount of shampoo to use so you can quickly get on with cleaning your dog. Both of its scents have been designed to help your dog smell nice while also helping to keep it calm and relaxed during the cleaning process.
Question – Is this product made in or are any of its ingredients sourced from China?
Answer – No, it is made in the USA with ingredients sourced from North America and Europe.
Question – How often should I wash my dog with this product?
Answer – We advise you only wash your dog once per month, twice at the most in order to help preserve its natural skin and coat oils.
Question – What are the ingredients in this product?
Answer – The image below shows the full ingredients list for this product.
We always like to share some third-party independent reports of any product that we recommend. This lets our readers get an independent perspective from other dog owners who either currently are or have recently used this doggy waterless shampoo on their pets.
As usual, we have summarised a number of these reports below but you can click the link for each report to read it in full if you wish.
- This report comments on how this product is a godsend for them. The dog owner then goes on to comment on how it is a total nightmare to wash their dog but now if their dog starts to smell they just spray this onto their hands, brush it through their dog’s coat and their dog smells nice again.
- This report comments on how using this shampoo on their dog makes their coat look clean and if it has just been washed. They then go on to comment on how this shampoo works out much cheaper than taking their dog to a professional groomer while getting similar results.
- This report comments on how this shampoo smells good while making their dog look like it has been given a traditional bath.
- This report comments on how they decided to try this product as they wanted to reduce the number of showers their dog was taking to reduce its dry skin. They then go on to say how they don’t regret giving this product a try and that their dog enjoys being pampered.
- This report comments on how their dog has arthritis and has trouble standing up in the shower to get clean. The dog owner decided to give this shampoo a try in an attempt to find an alternative that would not cause their dog any distress from its arthritis. They then go on to comment on how their coat is soft and stays clean after use.
The image below shows the ideal usage instructions direct from the bottle.
An Independent Video On This Product
The Second Best Waterless Shampoo For Dogs
In our opinion, the second best no rinse shampoo for dogs on the market is the Miracle Coat Waterless Dog Shampoo. Similar to the Wahl Natural Pet No-Rinse Waterless Shampoo covered above, it has managed to develop a reputation of being one of the market leaders but we feel that the Wahl product takes the top spot over this.
As with any solid product, there are plenty of independent third-party customer reviews that you can click here to read if you like.
Features And Benefits
This easy bath system for dogs is perfect if your dog dislikes baths, is infirm or you simply don’t have the time for a traditional bath. Its noiseless, easy application sprayer makes it quick and easy to get the product on to your pet’s coat to start the cleaning process.
It is made from natural ingredients to ensure that your dog is getting a safe clean with a lower chance of skin irritation as possible. Leave the product on your pet to develop a coat that is healthy, shiney and looks like it has been bath washed.
Question – Can you use this product on a dog that is all white without staining?
Answer – Yes, using this product will not stain or leave marks on your dog’s coat.
Question – Where is this product made?
Answer – This waterless dog shampoo is made in the United States of America.
Question – Does this help with dematting hair?
Answer – Although not its primary purpose, it does help dematting hair but we would recommend the four in one Wahl Natural Pet No-Rinse Waterless Shampoo covered above as dematting is one of its four main purposes.
- This report comments on how the owner has a white dog who gets dirty on walks and how the owner uses this product to clean his dog easily and quickly after each walk so his dog stays clean.
- This report comments on how his dogs love it and how the product cleans and then dries nicely. They then go on to comment on how using this product on their dog helps their dogs fur smell nice.
- This report comments on how their dog has long, white, silky hair and how this product cleans their dog well while helping their natural white color shine.
- This report comments on how easy the product is to use. They explain how they own a senior dog who struggles to climb up the stairs for a bath. They switch over to this product to help keep their dog clean and smelling nice.
- This report comments on how the instructions are easy to follow and how it smells great.
Ingredients Profile And Directions For Use
The image below shows the ingredients list and directions for use for this shampoo.
The Third Best Waterless Shampoo For Dogs
Our third and final choice for waterless dog shampoo is Paw Choice Dry Dog Shampoo. Although we feel the two products above are better, this is, in our opinion at least the only other dry dog shampoo on the market that’s actually worth your time. Products outside of these three tend to be low-quality and/or overpriced.
As with the Wahl Natural Pet No-Rinse Waterless Shampoo and the Miracle Coat Waterless Dog Shampoo, the Paw Choice Dry Dog Shampoo has plenty of reviews online that you can read by clicking here. These reviews are all from third party, independent dog owners who either currently are, or have recently used this product on their pets.
Features And Benefits
With its unique coconut formula that is all natural Paw Choice Dry Dog Shampoo provides an effective yet mild and safe waterless dog shampoo for you that is perfect for dogs with sensitive skin. It is 100% free from all harsh chemicals as well as sodium laureth sulfate that has been shown to cause dry skin in dogs.
It’s natural active ingredients help to rid your pet of any bad odors that is may have picked up while out walking or playing around the house. The anti-bacterial properties of its coconut compounds will actually kill the odor-causing bacteria on your dog’s coat and skin rather than just masking it like some of the lower end products available.
This is the perfect shampoo if your dog is infirm, recovering from surgery or just hates baths in general. It offers a good finish on your dog’s coat but we feel that you will see a more professional finish with the Wahl Natural Pet No-Rinse Waterless Shampoo covered above. For the environmentally friendly of us out there, using a waterless shampoo is much more environmentally friendly than using cleaning wipes or a water-based shampoo.
Question – Where is this product manufactured?
Answer – Paw Choice Dry Dog Shampoo is made in the United States of America.
Question – Can I use Paw Choice Dry Dog Shampoo on a dog that’s coat is all white or yellow?
Answer – Yes, this product will not stain your dog’s coat.
Question – Will this work if my dog has a thick coat or a coat with multiple layers?
Answer – Yes Paw Choice Dry Dog Shampoo will still work without issue.
- This report comments on how the fragrance of Paw Choice Dry Dog Shampoo is pleasant and far from overwhelming. They then go on to mention how their dog enjoys going paddling in an old koi carp pond in their garden and comes back smelling of dirty fish water but this product helps deal with the scent.
- This report comments on how the owner’s dog had the wet dog smell from being outside in the rain but they tried Paw Choice Dry Dog Shampoo and it dealt with the scent without issue. They then go on to say how they highly recommend the product.
- This report comments on how they have a young puppy who loves to roll in his own pee and often spills its food on itself. They then go on to comment on how Paw Choice Dry Dog Shampoo has really helped keep their dog smelling fresh and clean.
- This report comments on how the dog owner is pregnant has a toddler and a large dog that is not the biggest fan of taking a bath. They go on to comment how they use Paw Choice Dry Dog Shampoo as an alternative and are surprised by how much dirt it actually removes.
- This report comments on how they don’t like to give their dog baths during the colder months so turned to Paw Choice Dry Dog Shampoo as an alternative. They go on to comment on how the product works and helps their dog smell great.
The image below shows the directions for use of Paw Choice Dry Dog Shampoo as well as its full ingredients list.
DIY Dry Dog Shampoo Spray
Rather than type up our own post on how to make your own DIY waterless doggy shampoo, we have found the two videos below that cover the subject well enough. The first one, in particular, provides an excellent overview of what to look for and what to do.
The video below is an excellent way to make a DIY dry dog shampoo for your dog that does not require rinsing.