In this article, we will be taking a look at the best vegan dog foods currently on the market. Although many people still think that dogs are carnivores and have to live on a meat-based diet, they are in fact omnivores and can live a healthy vegan lifestyle without issue.
Although we will be offering our recommendations for the best dog foods out there, we will also be featuring a number of third-party vegan dog food reviews for independent dog owners who are currently feeding these products to their dogs. We feel this offers a better well-rounded picture of the products and will benefit out readers the most.
The Best Vegan Dog Food On The Market
As with any market-leading product, there are a large number of third-party, independent reviews from other dog owners about the product that you can read by clicking here. All of these reviews are from dog owners who either currently are or recently have used V-Dog Vegan Dry Dog Food to support a vegan lifestyle in their dogs.
Features And Benefits
V-Dog Vegan Kibble Dry Dog Food is a 100% vegan-friendly dog food that provides a balanced nutritional profile to support a healthy lifestyle in your dog. It has been tested by dog owners the world over who are looking for a way to support a vegan lifestyle in their dog.
Its totally plant-based formula reduced the chance of your dog suffering any digestive upset. Additionally, it is grain and soy free further reducing the chances of your dog suffering any digestive upset while still providing around twenty-four percent protein per serving.
V-Dog also provides their V-Dog Wiggle Biscuit Dog Treats allowing you to have quick and easy access to a cheap vegan doggy treat the source.
Question – Where is this product produced?
Answer – V-Dog Vegan Kibble Dry Dog Food is made in the United States of America.
Question – Are any of the ingredients in V-Dog Vegan Kibble Dry Dog Food sourced from China?
Answer – No, the ingredients are all sourced from the United States.
Question – Where can I see a full ingredients list for V-Dog Vegan Kibble Dry Dog Food?
Answer – The image below shows the ingredients list for the dog food.
As with every item that we ever suggest to our readers, we always like to hunt down some third-party reports from independent dog owners. We have summarised the reports featured below for ease of reading but you can click on any of the links to read the original report in full if you choose.
- This report comments on how they have a friend who is vegan and chooses to feed their dogs V-Dog Vegan Kibble Dry Dog Food to have their dogs live a vegan lifestyle. They go on to comment on how their friend’s dogs look amazing and their friend recommended that they try V-dog on their dog due to a few issues. They go on to comment on how their dog’s coat looks much better since making the switch over to V-dog.
- This report comments on how they have spent a year trying to get their dog to live a healthy vegan lifestyle. They then go on to say how their main problem was finding a vegan dog food that their dog would actually eat. They then go on to comment on how their dogs will happily eat V-Dog Vegan Kibble Dry Dog Food and that they seem healthier since being moved over to it.
- This report comments on how they are now onto their third bag of V-Dog Vegan Kibble Dry Dog Food. They mention how their dog loves the food and gobbles it up they then go on to comment on how their dog’s coat has also improved since being moved over to V-Dog.
- This report comments on how their dog had some severe food allergies and would throw up on a daily basis when fed other dog food brands. They go on to comment on how their dog no longer throws up and that it has managed to reach a healthy weight with a healthy coat. They also comment on how V-Dog Vegan Kibble Dry Dog Food being cruelty-free and environmentally friendly is a bonus.
- This report comments on how their dog had problems such as ear infections, skin problems and was always itchy when fed other food non-vegan dog foods. They mention how they have tried so many foods that V-Dog Vegan Kibble Dry Dog Food was actually their tenth food choice. They then go on to comment on how moving their dog over to this food mix has helped clean up their dog’s issues.
The image below shows the full nutritional profile for V-Dog Vegan Kibble Dry Dog Food.
An Independent Video Review
The Second Best Vegan Dog Food On The Market
As with any leading product on any market, there are a large number of reviews from other independent dog owners that you can read on the product if you wish by clicking here.
Features And Benefits
The unique vegan recipe of the Halo dog food mix is extremely rich in plant protein helping to support a healthy vegan lifestyle in your dog. Each serving is around twenty percent protein making sure your pet dog has all the protein it needs to grown and stay strong.
This rice free plant-based vegan dog food has a lower glycemic index to help keep your dog fueled throughout the whole day rather than give it short energy spike that can result in hyperactivity. It is also packed with chickpeas, non-GMO vegetables and fruits offering a complete nutritional profile for your dog while being totally free from artificial flavors, colors, and preservatives.
Question – Where is Halo Vegan Dog Food Produced?
Answer – The dog food is produced in Tampa, Florida, the United States of America.
Question – Where can I see a list of the ingredients in Halo Vegan Dog Food?
Answer – The image below shows a full list of ingredients in the food mix at the time of writing.
Question – Where can I see an ingredients comparison between Halo Vegan Dog Food and competitors?
Answer – The image below shows an ingredients comparison.
- This report comments on how they are on their second bag of Halo vegan dog food now. They go on to comment on how they have fed their dog a vegan diet for thirteen years without an issue with this food being the main food source.
- This report comments on how the owner decided to try and transition their dog to a vegan diet after initially going vegan themselves. They mention how they tried a competing vegan dog food before settling on the Halo product but that their dog had some digestive upset from it. They then decided to give Halo a try and comment on how their dog is free from digestive issues as well as having plenty of energy and an excellent coat.
- This report comments on how they are transitioning their dog over to a 100% vegan diet and that this Halo vegan dog food is making up a stable of the transition. They mention how their dogs are not only happy and healthy but actually prefer this dog food.
- This report comments on how their dog loves Halo vegan food. They comment on how their dog used to have a bunch of issues with their skin they then comment on how after switching over to this food their dog’s issues have cleared up.
- This report comments on how they switched their dog over to Halo vegan dog food and within three weeks their dog’s health was improving. It was free from excess gas and their dog’s stool has firmed up.
The image below shows a full nutritional breakdown for Halo vegan dog food.
The Third Best Vegan Dog Food On The Market
Next up, we have what is in our opinion at least, the third best vegan dog food available on the market today, evolution vegan dog food. Although this particular food mix is one of the longest-serving vegan dog food brands on the market, they have recently seen a spike in usage due to a number of competing products going off the market.
Although it is still growing its user base, the Evolution Vegan Dog Food has a small number of independent reviews that you can read by clicking here if you wish.
Question – How many calories are in a cup of Evolution Vegan Dog Food?
Answer – One cup of this dog food has around 400 calories.
Question – Where is Evolution Vegan Dog Food made?
Answer – It is made in Minnesota, The United States of America.
Question – Is Evolution Vegan Dog Food AAFCO certified?
Answer – Yes, Evolution Vegan Dog Food meets all AAFCO requirements.
- This report comments on how they have been using this food on their three dogs for the past ten years and that they all love it.
- This report comments on how their dog had some skin issues and that their veterinarian recommended that they give Evolution vegan dog food a try. They comment on how their dogs like the flavor of the food and eat it without issue.
- This report comments on how they have tried a number of different vegan dog food brands but that in their opinion, this is the best one by far. They mention that all four of their dogs eat this and that they gobble it up without protest.
- This report comments on how the owner’s dogs have been eating Evolution vegan dog food for the past five years and that their dogs are always getting compliments on how good their coats are. The owner then posts a follow-up report seven years after the original confirming that they are still feeding Evolution vegan food to their dogs seven years after the original report.
- This report comments on how their dog is over ten years old but acts as if it is half that age while also having a glossy coat.
How To Make Your Own Vegan Dog Food
Due to there already being a large number of blog posts and video recipes out there covering exactly how to make your own high-quality vegan dog food we decided to just share the video below.
It has proven very popular in the vegan dog owning community and shows you exactly what you have to do to make a high-quality vegan dog food that is not only quick and easy for you to make but also delicious and nutritious for your dog.
Although the three dog food products covered above are all high-quality and have a solid reputation, this video can help you if you prefer to have full control over exactly what does into your dog’s vegan food rather than feed them food directly out of the packet.