In this article, we will be taking a look at the best treats for rats currently available on the market. With rats steadily increasing in popularity as pets we have seen a steady increase in the number of rat owners reaching out for rat treat ideas.
We have decided to research the various rat treats currently available on the market and settled on the three that we feel are the best. Our hope is that this article will prevent any of our readers looking for high-quality rat treats from wasting their time and money on a lower quality product that can easily be avoided.
The Best Store-Bought Treats For Rats
They have a huge community of small pet owners using them as their go-to treat source for their pets resulting in there being a large number of third-party, independent reviews online. You can click here to read reviews of this treat left by other rat owners or you can click here to read reviews left by owners of other small animals.
Features And Benefits
Ware Manufacturing Rice Pops have been designed to be a crunch and crispy chew that is absolutely irresistible to rats and other small pets. They are made from a mixture of mainly corn and rice to offer plenty of taste as well as crunchiness.
As your pet rat eats its treat the Ware Manufacturing Rice Pops will also help to clean its teeth removing potentially harmful tartar and plaque buildup. If you work long hours and often have to leave your pet rat in its cage for extended periods of time these treats can also be used to relieve cage boredom.
The ingredients for Ware Manufacturing Rice Pops are listed below:-
- Fd&c Red No. 40
- Fd&c Yellow No. 5
- Fd&c No. 1
Question – Do Ware Manufacturing Rice Pops have a scent?
Answer – No these rat treats are totally scentless.
Question – So Ware Manufacturing Rice Pops stain your hands during handling with their bright colors?
Answer – No, the coloring will not stain your hands. Although rare, if your rat is chewing the treats on furniture their saliva can start to break the treat down resulting in color leaking though. We would advise you offer your rat these treats in its cage or while watching them to ensure no marks are left on your furniture.
Question – Can Ware Manufacturing Rice Pops be broken down into smaller parts?
Answer – Yes, these treats can quickly and easily be broken down into smaller parts before giving them to your pet rat.
- This report comments on how their pet rats will happily eat Ware Manufacturing Rice Pops until they are completely gone. They mention that their rats get excited just at the sight of the treats and that they are a great way to keep them busy if you have to get something done.
- This report comments on how they feel that Ware Manufacturing Rice Pops are a great snack for their pet rats. They mention that they purchase them and then break them into little parts to get as much out of the treats as possible. They also mention that their rats have gotten used to the sound of the treats being broken down and know it means treats are coming.
- This report comments on how their rats love Ware Manufacturing Rice Pops more than any other treat that they have given them. They mention that their rats will take these treats out of their owner’s hand and then scatter away so no one can take them. They mention that they help to keep rats occupied as well as helping to keep their upper incisors short.
- This report comments on how Ware Manufacturing Rice Pops are their pet rats favorite treats. They mention how their pet rats love them so much that a tug of war over the treats will often breakout.
- This report comments on how their pet rats love Ware Manufacturing Rice Pop treats. They mention that the treats don’t have a smell to them and that they last a decent amount of time once given to their pet rats. They mention that they also use these treats as a way to keep their pet rats occupied when in their travel carrier to prevent them from chewing the plastic in the carrier.
The Best Rat Treats For Training
Due to being such a popular treat there are plenty of independent reviews of the products online that you can read if you wish. You can click here to read reviews that have been left by other third-party rat owners who either currently are or recently have used eCOTRITION Yogies treats or you can click here to read reviews that have been left by owners of other small types of pets.
Features And Benefits
eCOTRITION Yogies treats for Rats have been designed to be a deliciously tasty cheese treat for your pet rat. They contain a large number of core ingredients that help to elevate the flavor profile of the treat to help keep your pet rat interested in whatever training activity it is doing at any given time. Their small size and high flavor profile help to make them the perfect training reward for your rat.
The formula used to make the treats has been specifically designed to offer a nutrient dense treat to also get additional vitamins and minerals into your rat when possible.
Question – Do eCOTRITION Yogies treats for Rats keep for a long time?
Answer – Provided you seal the bag and store it correctly in a dry place they will last for many months once opened. One thing we noticed when doing our research for this post is that rats enjoy them so much that they are usually gone well before they have a chance to go bad.
- This report comments on how they give both of their pet rats two eCOTRITION Yogies treats as soon as they were delivered and both of their rats loved them. They mention that their rats wanted more than just two of these treats but they plan to use them as a treat rather than a meal source.
- This report comments on how all of their rats love eCOTRITION Yogies treats that they have been a constant hit for years now. They mention that they make them into little bite-sized pieces and that they are perfect for teaching your rat tricks or getting a new rat to warm up to you.
- This report comments on how their pet rats love eCOTRITION Yogies treats. They mention that whenever they let their pet rats out of their cage they run off to try and find these treats. They finish by mentioning how these are a good treat to spoil your pet rats with as they are so cheap.
- This report comments on how they use eCOTRITION Yogies treats as a treat for all of their pet rodent types and that they all love them. They mention that they feel these are the jackpot treat for their pet rats and that they can leave the bag within their rats reach or they will chew holes through it to get the treats.
- This report comments on how they have four pet rats and that each morning their rats are ready to go waiting for their treat. They mention that their rats go absolutely ape for these treats but as they are just treated they limit the number they give their rats to two or three each day.
Nutritional And Ingredient Profiles
The image below shows the full nutritional profile of eCOTRITION Yogies treats for Rats.
The image below shows the full ingredient breakdown for eCOTRITION Yogies treats for Rats.
The Third Best Treats For Rats Currently Available On The Market
Features And Benefits
Tropical Carnival Baked Pretzels Treats have not only been designed to be a delicious and nutritious treat for your pet rat but also a way to encourage tooth health. With their crunch exterior, the pretzels are perfect to help keep your rat’s upper incisor growth inline.
They are one hundred percent gluten-free to help minimize the chance of any digestive upset in your pet rat. Their natural flavors help keep your pet rat interested in the treat until it is completely gone helping to keep it occupied if you have to get things done around the house.
Nutritional And Ingredient Profile
The image below shows the full nutritional profile for Tropical Carnival Baked Pretzels Treats.
The image below shows the full ingredient profile for Tropical Carnival Baked Pretzels Treats.
Shared under Creative Commons – https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/
Rebecca Lai – Carb-face Chunk… – https://flic.kr/p/9NYHv5
Rebecca Lai – P1160451 – https://flic.kr/p/9NYcws
Andrew Ratto – Cookies and Cream – Adventure Buddies – https://flic.kr/p/27wsGL5