In this article, we will be taking a look at the best rawhide for dogs available on the market today. Rawhide treats have stood the test of time as a quick and easy way to keep your dog occupied for extended periods of time with minimal effort required from you.
Although there are some high-quality rawhide dog treats available on the market, there are a number of lower-quality ones that are to be avoided. We have seen a number of people asking questions based on what are the best rawhide treats for dogs so we decided to publish this article to help as many of our readers as possible.
The Best Rawhide For Dogs On The Market
First up on our list of the best rawhide treats for dogs is the dingo twist sticks. They encompass the high-quality and high standards of the Dingo brand that dog owners have came to expect all in this quick and easy flavored rawhide dog treat.
Quickly establishing itself as the market leader, dingo twist sticks has grown a loyal and dedicated customer base of dog owners who use these treats for their dogs regularly. You can click here to read third party, independent reviews of the dingo twist sticks from dog owners who either currently are or recently have fed these to their dogs as a treat.
Although we will be focusing on the chicken flavored treats for this article, the dingo twist sticks are currently available in the following flavors:-
Features And Benefits
The treat has been specifically designed to help promote the dental health of your dog due to their twisting shape encouraging longer chewing while helping to remove plaque and tartar and promoting healthy gums. That said if dental health is a key element of your choice of dog treat then our post on the best dog treats for teeth on the market offers advice on better options.
The treats contain real chicken jerky that has been twisted throughout the length of the treat to help add additional flavor and nutrients for your dog. The chicken flavor helps encourage your dog to keep chewing through the rawhide coating to get to the jerky inside. This helps to keep your dog occupied with the chew for longer leaving you free to get on with other tasks without interruption from your furry friend.
Question – Is this product still produced in China?
Answer – No, production has been moved to both Cambodia and Vietnam due to the various issues with dog food coming out of China.
Question – How often should I give these to my dog?
Answer – It is advised that you only give your dog one of these treats per day.
Question – How long are these treats?
Answer – They are around the six-inch long mark.
As with all items that we recommend to our readers, we like to try and share a number of reports from third-party dog owners who either are or have recently used these dog treats on their pets. We have summarised their reports below but you can click the links to read them in full if you like.
- This report comments on how their dogs love these treats and how they have been using them for their dogs for ten years. They then go on to share a tip of keeping the treats in the freezer as it slows down how quickly your dog is able to consume the treats.
- This report comments on how their dog gets one of the dingo twist sticks every morning but never seems to get bored of them. They then go on to comment on how these treats don’t end up leaving sharp shards in their dog’s mouth.
- This report comments on how good these treats are considering they are so low in calories. They go on to comment on how they are perfect to help their dogs lose weight after a recent veterinary checkup.
- This report comments on how both of their dogs love Dingo twist sticks and that they are a staple for their dogs.
- This report comments on how they turned to dingo twist sticks to try and stop their new dog from destroying things while in the house alone. The owner then goes on to say how they keep their dog occupied and how their dog is too distracted by the treat to destroy things anymore.
The image below shows the nutritional analysis of dingo twist sticks as well as their ingredients list.
The Second Best Rawhide For Dogs On The Market
In our opinion, the second best rawhide dod treat on the market right now is Pet Magasin Rawhide Bones Chewing Dog Treats. Although one of the newer products on the market when it comes to rawhide-based treats, they have quickly developed a loyal and dedicated fan base.
You can click here to read third-party, independent reviews from other dog owners who are currently or who have recently used Pet Magasin Rawhide Bones Chewing Dog Treats with their dogs.
They are available in the following flavors:-
Features And Benefits
The rawhide is tied in such a way that it increases the duration that Pet Magasin Rawhide Bones Chewing Dog Treats will keep your dog occupied while satisfying your dogs natural urge to chew. These are perfect for small and medium-sized dogs with their larger size being ideal for large and very large dog breeds.
Pet Magasin Rawhide Bones Chewing Dog Treats are an excellent way to promote healthy gums, while also helping to clean your pet’s teeth and improve its breath. The touch and long-lasting rawhide keep dogs occupied for hours with their natural meaty flavor and taught texture.
Question – How long are these chews?
Question – Are these treats products in or are any of their ingredients sourced from China?
Answer – No, they are produced in the United States of America and made from 100% American rawhide.
Question – Do these break up into small sharp parts?
Answer – Pet Magasin Rawhide Chewing Dog Treats have been compressed during the production process to help minimize the risk of them breaking into small sharp parts.
- This report comments on how both their puppy and their dog enjoy Magasin Rawhide Chewing Dog Treats. They go on to comment on how they do a good job of cleaning their dog teeth and go on to comment on how they are not a repeat buyer of the treats.
- This report also comments on how their dog and puppy both enjoy chewing on Magasin Rawhide Treats and then go on to say how their dog’s teeth are looking healthier since being given the treat. They then go on to comment on how their dogs have had no problems or digestive issues from these treats.
- This report comments on how their dog not only enjoys chewing on these dog treats but also enjoys playing with them. The owner goes on to comment on how their dog throws the chew around and chases it as if it is its toy ball.
- This report comments on how their dog enjoys chewing on the treats as well as how it lasts them for at least two hours. They then go on to comment on how they usually take the chews off their dog at the end of the day but their dog took to hiding them in its toy box and covering it with toys in an attempt to keep their owner from removing the treat.
- This report comments on how they buy these treats in bulk to help keep costs down as they use them so much. They go on to comment on how they make their own homemade chew toys with these treats to help keep their dog occupied.
Pet Magasin Rawhide Bones Chewing Dog Treats are made from 100% Natural Rawhide.
An Independent Video Review
The Third Best Rawhide For Dogs On The Market
Next up, we have another rawhide product from Dingo, this time, it’s their Ringo-o-o Rawhide Treats that makes the grade. Similar to their twist sticks covered earlier in the article, they are a high-quality product that has proven very popular with dog owners and dogs alike helping them cement Dingo as one of the leading rawhide dog treat producers.
As usual, you can click here to read any of the third-party, independent reviews of this item left by other dog owners. These reviews are from people who either currently are or have recently been feeding their dogs the Dingo Ringo-o-o Rawhide Treats as part of their regular diet.
Features And Benefits
Similar to their twist sticks, the Dingo Ringo-o-o Rawhide Treats are a blend of rawhide and chicken jerky. They are shaped in a way so that the rawhide makes it harder for your dog to get to the chicken jerky helping increase the amount of time your pet will spend chewing on the treat.
They are perfect for dogs of all sizes and can also be used as a way to help improve your dog’s oral hygiene. As your dog chews on the treat, it helps to remove both plague and tartar from their teeth.
Question – How many of these treats can I give my dog per day?
Answer – It is recommended that you only give your dog one of these treats per day.
Question – What size are these treats?
Answer – They are between three and four inches in diameter.
Question – What are the ingredients of these treats?
Answer – The image below shows the full ingredients list for this product.
- This report comments on how their dog loves Dingo Ringo-o-o Rawhide Treats. They then go on to comment on how their dog can get through a single treat in around thirty minutes. We feel that their dog must be a heavy chewer as this is a little quick, you can make the treats last longer by freezing them.
- This report comments on how their dog loves Dingo Ringo-o-o Rawhide Treats but comments on how some of the red jerky of the treat can sometimes leave a mess.
- This report comments on how their dogs also enjoy Dingo Ringo-o-o Rawhide Treats they then go on to comment on how they like how their dogs can’t just wolf the treats down quickly.
- This report comments on how their dogs are huge Dingo Ringo-o-o Rawhide Treats fans and how they are able to keep their dogs occupies while they get through their treats.
The image below shows the ingredient and nutritional profile for these treats.
The Fourth Best Rawhide For Dogs On The Market
You can click here to read third-party, independent reviews on Buffalo Range Rawhide Chews for Dogs from other dog owners. These people either currently are, or recently have used the product with their dogs.
At the time of writing, these rawhide dog treats are available in the following styles:-
Features And Benefits
As these treats are 100% grain free, you can rest assured that your dog will not have any digestive upset triggered by any possible gluten issues that can be a common filler ingredient in some other treat types. Buffalo Range Rawhide Chews for Dogs are 100% rawhide buffalo meat making it the perfect tasty chew treat for your pet dog.
Buffalo Range have taken the care to ensure they source their buffalo products from farmers who grass feed their buffalo as well as raise them on a pasture. Not only does this help with the ethical side of knowing the buffalo has had a better quality of life but it also means there is more nutrients in the meat in the treat.
The natural hickory-smoked scent and flavor of the treats have been specifically designed to entice your dog to focus on the treat. This helps keep your dog interested longer resulting in longer chewing of this easy to digest rawhide treat while also promoting healthy teeth and gums in your dog.
Question – Are these treats really 100% grain free?
Answer – Yes, they are 100% grain free as well as containing absolutely no dyes, sugar, by-products, preservatives, artificial flavors, artificial meats, fillers, GMOs, or soy.
Question – Do Buffalo Range Rawhide Chews for Dogs break down into small sharp bits when chewed?
Answer – They have been pressure treat during the production process to help minimize the risk of small sharp rawhide bits breaking off during chewing. Although there will always be a small chance of this happening, it is an absolute minimum.
Question – Are these treats made in China?
Answer – No, they are made in India.
- This report comments on how all three of the owner’s dogs can be picky eaters but enjoy Buffalo Range Rawhide Chews for Dogs, sometimes even over some of the more expensive dog treat options. They then go on to comment on how these have become their go-to dog treat of choice.
- This report comments on this report comments on how their dog goes crazy for Buffalo Range Rawhide Chews for Dogs. They also comment on how their dog carries the treats around in its mouth whining before eating it and that they think their dog usually does this for things he feels are valuable.
- This report comments on how their puppy loves Buffalo Range Rawhide Chews for Dogs and is a committed chewer. They also mention how these treats are able to keep their puppy occupied and how he will only get through half of a chew per sitting.
- This report comments on how the dog owner had to switch over to Buffalo Range Rawhide Chews for Dogs as their dog’s other treats were all recalled. They then mention how their dog loves these treats and has not had any stomach issues since being switched over to them.
- This report also comments on how their dog loves these treats and how their healthy ingredients make the dogs owner happy.
The image below shows the nutritional profile, calorie count, and ingredients list for these treats.
The Fifth Best Rawhide For Dogs On The Market
The next treat on our list of best rawhide dog treats is the Dog Treat Outlet Rawhide Bones. Although another relative newcomer to the market, they have also managed to establish themselves as one of the leading rawhide treat producers on the market. Just like the other products on this list, there are plenty of third party, independent reviews from dog owners currently using the product that you can read here.
Features And Benefits
With Dog Treat Outlet Rawhide Bones being put through a strict inspection process during production you can rest assured that you are getting a quality product when purchasing these treats for your dog.
With their three different treat sizes, you can easily get a treat that is perfect for your dog no matter the breed. These rawhide bones are made from a single piece of natural and thick rawhide to help increase the time spent chewing.
Question – What size are these rawhide bones?
Answer – The come in the three following sizes. Large, Medium, and Small ranging from four to nine inches depending on the size chosen.
Question – Where are these treats produced?
Answer – They are produced in the United States of America.
Question – How many treats can I give my dog a day?
Answer – We recommend no more than one treat per day.
Is Rawhide Digestible
There are a number of concerns about rawhide and how easy it is for your dog to digest it. Although some veterinarians do discourage dog owners giving their pets rawhide as a treat to their dogs, the modern rawhide treats are usually fine. The main concern was previously based on the rawhides potential to swell up in your dog’s stomach and become difficult to digest.
Thankfully, the modern production method of rawhide treats has evolved and minimizes these risks. The pressure treatments employed by the companies products in this article treat their rawhide to remove the risks.
Alternatives To Rawhide Treats
In our opinion, the best alternative dog treats on the market to rawhide-based products are the Stewart Freeze Dried treats for dogs. They are a 100% real meat dog treat with zero additives included that are both delicious and nutritious. Although the treats can be a little large for smaller dog breeds, they are easy to break up with your hands and can be easily broken into four or more smaller treats.
As there are no added ingredients other than the meat ingredient, these are 100% grain and dairy free. This removes the chances of any digestive problems due to reactions to either gluten or lactose.