In this article, we will be taking a look at the best moss for a leopard gecko currently available on the market. We have noticed more and more people starting to keep leopard geckos as pets and this has lead to more people reaching out for assistance or advice for their geckos. Many people choose to use moss to decorate their leopard gecko habitat but it also has more practical purposes such as being used to create a leopard gecko moss hide or as part of a leopard gecko moist hide.
We have researched the various types of moss and products in wide circulation currently on the market and settled on two that we feel are the best. They both have excellent reputations within the reptile owning communities and already have leopard gecko owners using them. We will be covering both of these moss products in more detail throughout the article but we feel you won’t go wrong with either of these:-
- Zoo Med All Natural Reptile Terrarium Moss Substrate (Reviews From Leopard Gecko Owners) (Reviews From Reptile Owners).
- Galápagos Terrarium Sphagnum Moss (Reviews From Leopard Gecko Owners) (Reviews From Reptile Owners).
You can use either of these moss products for either decoration or as part of a hide as shown in the image below.
The Best Moss For A Leopard Gecko On The Market
This moss substrate having such a huge core customer base, there are plenty of independent reviews online from both leopard gecko owners and general reptile or amphibian owners sharing their experiences with the moss. You can click here to read some reviews left by third-party leopard gecko owners or you can click here to read reviews left over by the wider reptile owning community.
Features And Benefits
Zoo Med All Natural Reptile Terrarium Moss Substrate is currently available in five different sizes to ensure that you are able to use it for terrariums of all sizes. It is an organic, all natural product that is totally free from artificial colors and dyes unlike some of the competing products out there.
It is ideal to add decoration to your leopard geckos home, assist with a moist hide or add a different texture to your terrarium. You can also use the moss to your advantage to help you control the humidity in your terrarium with minimal additional effort.
- This report comments on how both they and their leopard gecko love Zoo Med All Natural Reptile Terrarium Moss Substrate. They mention that they used this moss to create a humid hide for their leopard gecko and that they simply add it to their terrarium and spray it with water. They mention that their leopard gecko took a few days to get used to the moss but she eventually got used to it and now loves it. The finish by mentioning how in their opinion, you get a good amount of the moss for the price that you pay.
- This report comments on how they purchased Zoo Med All Natural Reptile Terrarium Moss Substrate for a humid hide for their pet leopard gecko. They mention that it is easy to see when the moss needs replacing as it changes color and that their gecko buries himself deep in the moss when it is time to shed and has no trouble getting tangled up in it.
- This report comments on how they use Zoo Med All Natural Reptile Terrarium Moss Substrate in their leopard geckos terrarium during shedding times as it is very durable and can be reused many times.
The Second Best Moss For A Leopard Gecko On The Market
You can click here to read reviews of Galapagos Terrarium Sphagnum Moss left by other independent leopard gecko owners or you can click here to read reviews left by third-party reptile or amphibian owners using the moss. We feel sharing independent reviews of the products we recommend to our readers helps give a better, well-rounded view of the product.
Features And Benefits
Galapagos Terrarium Sphagnum Moss is a long-lasting Sphagnum Moss product that offers a leady, highly absorbent surface that you can use for decoration, to control humidity or as part of your leopard geckos hide. The product has been washed and checked before shipping to ensure that you are only getting the highest quality moss that is free from impurities.
- This report comments on how they love Galapagos Terrarium Sphagnum Moss and that they use it for their leopard geckos. They mention that it helps them shed and that they put it in their humid hides. They mention that their leopard geckos seem to love the moss too and will just lay in the moss when they are due to shed.
Shared under Creative Commons – https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/
Jessi Swick – Al the Leopard Gecko – https://flic.kr/p/aDhxvL
drtel – deependtank – https://flic.kr/p/2LH5ik