In this article, we will be taking a look at the best food for greyhounds currently available on the market today. Although there are some dog foods out there that are marketed as being specifically designed for greyhounds, they tend to be massively overpriced for what you are actually getting.
We have researched some more generic products available that have excellent reputations amongst the dog-owning community as well as a number of greyhound owners currently using them as their go-to food mix.
The Best Food For Greyhounds On The Market
With it being such a popular dog food mix for so many dog owners there are plenty of third-party, independent reviews online from other dog owners who wanted to share their opinion of the food. You can click here to read some reviews from other greyhound owners who currently use this product as their main food. All of those reviews are from independent dog owners who have no connection to our website at all, we feel sharing these without readers gives a better view of any product that we recommend.
Features And Benefits
A taste of the wild dog food is available in seven different flavors so there is something available for dogs of all tastes. In our opinion, the two best things about this product is that its number one ingredient is always real meat and that it is one hundred percent grain free.
The real meat in the food helps to ensure there is a high-quality protein source available for your greyhound to ensure its muscles are able to repair and grow. This helps to keep your greyhound’s muscles fit and healthy while offering additional amino acids to help your dog live a healthy life.
Due to the food mix being totally grain free, the carbohydrate sources come from vegetable superfoods that are jam-packed with all of the vitamins and minerals your greyhound needs as well as plenty of energy to keep it going.
Due to this, the food is highly digestible meaning there is little risk of digestive upset or any excess gas in your dog. The vast majority of dogs take to the product quickly if not instantly due to its high flavor content so switching over from your current feed shouldn’t be a problem either.
Question – Where is a taste of the wild dog food produced?
Answer – It is made in the United States of America.
Question – Are any ingredients in the food mix sourced from China?
Answer – No, over ninety percent of the ingredients come from the United States with the remainder coming from either New Zealand, Belguim or France.
Question – Where can I see the nutritional profile for a taste of the wild dog food?
Answer – The image below shows the full nutritional profile directly from the manufacturer.
We have found the below reports from independent greyhound owners who either currently are or recently have used a taste of the wild dog food as their go-to food source for their greyhounds. We have summarised the reports to make them quicker to read but you can click any of the links to read the original report in full if you choose.
- This report comments on how they have been using a taste of the wild dog food as their dog food of choice for their pet greyhound from as soon as they adopted her. They mention how their greyhound has issues with various other dog foods due to her sensitive stomach but not with this product. They mention that the food has always been great and that they have no plans to try anything else. They mention how they have been able to see a difference in their dog and that she looks much healthier now.
- This report comments on how a taste of the wild dog food is now their regular dog food that they feed the greyhound that they rescued. They mention that their dog also has stomach issues but she can eat this without any issues at all.
- This report comments on how they feel that a taste of the wild dog food is a five-star product as it comes at a great price and their greyhound loves it. They mention that their dog’s coat is nice and smooth and that she no longer sheds as badly as she used to.
- This report comments on how their greyhound also has sensitive stomach issues with many foods but she can eat a taste of the wild dog food without issue. They also mention that her stools are firm since moving her over to this product.
The image below shows the full ingredient profile for a taste of the wild dog food.
The Second Best Food For Greyhounds On The Market
As with all high-quality product, this also has an established core customer base with many of them also being greyhound owners. There are plenty of reviews of the product already online that have been left by the dog-owning community and you can click here to read some left by other greyhound owners who are sharing their experience of using the food mix for their dogs.
Features And Benefits
Blue Buffalo BLUE Life Protection Dry Dog Food is available in a range of different flavors to ensure that there is something to meet the tastes of greyhounds of all pallets. Similar to a taste of the wild covered above, real meat is a key ingredient in this food mix whereas many competitors use cheap filler protein sources. The real meat offers an essential, high-quality protein source for your dog to help keep its muscles strong and healthy.
Although this product does contain some grains, many of the carbohydrates are sourced from wholesome vegetables and fruits. This helps to keep the food highly digestible while ensuring that your dog is able to absorb all the nutrients it required.
The product also contains Blue Buffalos trademarked LifeSource Bits to further increase the nutritional profile of the food as they are jam-packed with essential vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and a number of other key nutrient sources.
Question – Where is Blue Buffalo BLUE Life Protection Dry Dog Food produced?
Answer – It is made in Wilton, Connecticut, the United States of America.
Question – Are any of the ingredients in the food mix sourced from China?
Answer – No, although all ingredients are usually sourced from North America, some ingredients for some batches come from Europe due to supply issues.
Question – Where can I see a feeding guide for Blue Buffalo BLUE Life Protection Dry Dog Food?
Answer – The image below is the feeding guide for the product direct from the packaging.
- This report comments on how they feed a taste of the wild dog food to their greyhound after feeding a competing product to him for years. They mention how their dog is doing much better on this product, has more energy and is eating more of his meals. They finish by saying they are happy with the product and that they would recommend it.
- This report comments on how they feed their two greyhounds a taste of the wild dog food and that they are now in top shape. They mention that one of them is actually a picky eater but he eats this without issue. They finish by mentioning that in their experience, feeding their greyhound this has been excellent for them.
- This report comments on how they have tried a number of different foods for their greyhounds but they felt that they dogs didn’t really enjoy them. They mention that they decided to switch over to a taste of the wild dog food and that they enjoy their food now and eat it without issue.
- This report comments on how their three greyhounds all love a taste of the wild dog food. They mention that one of them is a picky eater but will eat this food without any problem.
Shared under Creative Commons – https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/
Eric Titcombe – Jean Louise really likes to nap – https://flic.kr/p/dz4gKZ