In this article, we will be taking a look at the best dog food for urinary crystals on the market today. Although various urinary problems such as struvite crystals can be common in dogs, especially senior dogs, we have noticed a number of dog owners reaching out for assistance on what food products they should be chosen in this situation.
While researching the topic, we realized that there was little to no guidance already out there on the topic so we have decided to publish this post. Our goal is that we will be able to help as many of our readers as possible who find themselves in this situation and be able to help them reduce the chance of any Struvite Crystals or other urinary crystals forming in their dogs.
The Best Dog Food For Urinary Crystals On The Market!
We feel that the best dog food for urinary health currently on the market is Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Canine Urinary SO Dry Dog Food. It is without a doubt the best non-prescription dog food for urinary health we could find and has established itself as the market-leading product in its niche.
Considering the product fills such a small niche, there are actually a fair number of independent reviews from dog owners who use this as their go-to food due to various urinary issues in their dogs. You can click here to read some of these reviews if you like that have been left by third-party dog owners who have no connection to our website and just wanted to share their thoughts on the product.
Features And Benefits
Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Canine Urinary SO Dry Dog Food has been designed from the very start to have the perfect ingredient formula to lower the risk of urinary problems such as struvite crystals occurring in your dog. It helps to increase your dog’s urine volume while also lowering the concentration of minerals that can cause these problems.
To help deal with any existing issues, it also contains various compounds that have been proven to be able to help totally dissolve any struvite urinary stones currently formed in your pet’s systems. Due to the various types of stones and crystals that can form, the mixture turns the pH of your dog’s urine slightly acidic to help dissolve any other type of stone in your god’s kidneys, bladder or urinal system that may become a problem.
The controlled levels of phosphorus, magnesium, and protein help with your dog’s urinary system running at optimum levels. The final step in the system is the essential Omega three acids that help to deal with any inflammation in your dog’s system these stones may cause. This can help your dog pass them naturally with ease as well as fight any infection that they may have caused.
Question – Where is Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Canine Urinary SO Dry Dog Food made?
Answer – It is made in the United States of America.
Question – Are any of the ingredients in Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Canine Urinary SO Dry Dog Food sourced out of China?
Answer – No, the majority of ingredients come from North America with the remainder coming from either Europe or New Zealand.
Question – Where can I see the recommended feeding guide for Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Canine Urinary SO Dry Dog Food?
Answer – The image below shows the recommended feeding guide.
We have found the below reports from independent dog owners sharing their experiences of using Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Canine Urinary SO Dry Dog Food. We have summarised them to make them quicker to read but you can click on the links for each report to read the original in full if you wish.
- This report comments on how their dog had issues with Crystals and ended up having to have surgery. Their local veterinarian recommended that they switch their dog over to Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Canine Urinary SO Dry Dog Food. They finish by saying they have been feeding this to their dog for over a year now and their dog has been totally Crystals free.
- This report comments on how their dog had suffered from oxalate crystals in the past but they decided to start feeding their dog Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Canine Urinary SO Dry Dog Food. They mention that since making the switch, their veterinarian checkups have been fine and that the pH of their dog’s urine is fine.
The image below shows the ingredient profile for Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Canine Urinary SO Dry Dog Food.
The Second Best Dog Food For Urinary Crystals On The Market!
As we mentioned earlier, the urinary crystals dog food niche is tiny but there are some reviews of the product online from third-party dog owners that you can read by clicking here if you wish. All of those reviews are from dog owners who either currently are, or recently have used the product to feed their dog with urinary issues.
Features And Benefits
Hills C/D Urinary Tract Dog Food is a premium quality dog food that has been designed to offer the very best for any dogs suffering from Urinary Crystal issues. Not only can feeding it to your dog on a regular basis help to prevent further problems but it can also help to treat existing ones by reducing the size of any existing Struvite Crystals.
It has a balanced nutritional profile to help ensure that your dog is getting everything it requires to lead a fit and healthy life without any additional supplementation. Some of these nutrients have been specifically chosen as they possess unique properties to help reduce the size of any existing crystals in your dog.
Question – Where is Hills C/D Urinary Tract Dog Food produced?
Answer – It is made in the United States.
Question – Are any ingredients in Hills C/D Urinary Tract Dog Food sourced from China?
Answer – No, even before the recent ingredient scares with products coming out of China, Hills were sourcing their core ingredients from North America or Europe.
Question – Where can I see a full ingredients list for Hills C/D Urinary Tract Dog Food?
Answer – The image below shows all of the ingredients in this food mix.
- This report comments on how their dog is a pretty fussy eater and usually refuses food that she is not used to. They mention that they are pleased that their dog quickly took to this food mix and that their dog is now doing great.
- This report comments on how their dog had to have surgery due to kidney stones and that after the surgery, their local veterinarian recommended that they feed Hills C/D Urinary Tract Dog Food tp their dog. They mention that their dog is not doing fine after being switched over to this product.
- This report comments on how their dog has had to have surgery twice now, both due to bladder stones. They mention that Hills C/D Urinary Tract Dog Food was prescribed as their daily food source by their local veterinarian. They mention that their dog enjoys it and that she is now thriving.
The image below shows the full nutritional profile for the product direct from the packaging.