In this article, we will be taking a look at the best aquarium sand cleaning tools currently available on the market today. With aquarium keeping becoming more and more popular each year we always see aquarium enthusiasts reaching out for advice on how best to clean their tanks.
We have researched the various products currently available on the market and settled on two that we feel are the best. One is an electric battery powered type sand cleaner and the other is a traditional manual type sand cleaner. Although we will be covering them in more detail throughout the article, the two products we feel are the best are:-
The Best Aquarium Sand Cleaning Tools Available On The Market
With this cleaner having such a large user base, there are plenty of third-party reviews of it online. You can click here to read them if you like and we would just like to say that all of those reviews are from independent aquarium enthusiasts who have no connection to our website but wanted to share their experiences.
Features And Benefits
The Eheim Quick Vac Pro has been designed from the very start to be as easy to use as possible without the requirement of any additional buckets or hoses like some of the competing products. Using this to clean the sand and gravel in your aquarium tank on a regular basis can extend the interval between required water changes by weeks.
The pump is fully submersible to a depth of three feet allowing you to clean larger aquarium tanks without damaging your pump. It is perfect for both spot cleaning parts of your tank that have gunk build ups or a full deep clean where you want to clean everything.
Question – Where is the Eheim Quick Vac Pro produced?
Answer – It is made in Germany to the highest possible standards.
Question – Does the Eheim Quick Vac Pro have to be submerged to work?
Answer – No, it does not have to be fully submerged for it to work.
Question – Does the Eheim Quick Vac Pro suck up the sand?
Answer – It depends on the type of sand that you have in your tank. Realy fine sand may get sucked into the cleaner but you can tilt the cleaner on an angle to reduce direct suction and minimize any sand that gets sucked into the cleaner.
- This report comments on how the Eheim Quick Vac Pro works perfectly and that it is simply to use and effective. They comment on how it was easy to detach and re-assemble when required and it was able to remove a whole bunch of uneaten fish food from their tank without the need to perform a whole water change. They do mention how it can suck up sand from the aquarium tank if the sand is very fine though.
- This report comments on how they love the Eheim Quick Vac Pro. They mention how they use it to clean fish waste off their sand in their tank. They mention that provided you keep the nozle just above the sand level then it will suck up the fish waste without issue.
- This report comments on how the Eheim Quick Vac Pro works well for picking up fish waste and uneaten food from both sand and gravel without wasting the water already in the tank.
- This report comments on how they have been using the Eheim Quick Vac Pro for over three months now for their one hundred and ten-gallon sand bottom tank as well as their fifty-five gallon planted tank. They mention how it makes cleaning the water much easier and efficient and that they haven’t had any issues with the product.
The Second Best Aquarium Sand Cleaning Tools Available On The Market
With its very simple design and the product being easy to use, it is no surprise that it has become a popular method of cleaning the sand in your aquarium tank. Aquarium enthusiasts have left plenty of independent reviews online that you can read by clicking here if you like.
Features And Benefits
The Tera Pump Aquarium Cleaner contains two different nozzles to allow for different types of cleaning of your aquarium. The shorter nozzle is for your standard drainage while the longer nozzle is for cleaning out uneaten fish food or fish waste from your tank. Both nozzles have been designed to not pose a risk to any aquarium life in your tank while in use.
Question – Where is the Tera Pump Aquarium Cleaner made?
Answer – It is produced in the United States of America but there are many low-quality counterfits on the market from China. Try to avoid using these cheap rips off Chinese brands of this product Terapump Direct, Tekzz, Marketing Allegiance LLC, Kingiht’s Necessities, and Kabble.
Question – I am not getting enough suction power with the Tera Pump Aquarium Cleaner, what should I do?
Answer – Ensure that the connections are firm and secure. This is the number one cause of loss of suction in this product.
Question – Will the Tera Pump Aquarium Cleaner work for an aquarium of x size?
Answer – Yes, just keep in mind that the larger the tank, the longer it will take to clean via this product.
- This report comments on how they like the way that the Tera Pump Aquarium Cleaner works for vacuuming their tank. They mention how it makes cleaning their aquarium tank much easier than it used to be and that they don’t feel the need to use any of the attachments included with the tool as it works fine without them.
- This report comments on how they had been using a non-pump cleaner for their aquarium for years and it ended up breaking on them so they decided to get a hand pump. They mention how they decided to get the Tera Pump Aquarium Cleaner and that they really love it. They comment on how it is easy to use and that it helps to speed up the cleaning process too. The finish by commenting on how they like how you can swap between the suction heads when cleaning sand or gravel.
- This report comments on how their old siphon hose was harder to use than the Tera Pump Aquarium Cleaner and that it didn’t have a pump on it. They mention how they love how you are able to change the nozzle heads on the pump to suit your needs. They finish by saying the shorter nozzle is perfect for cleaning gravel in their tanks while they use the longer nozzle for cleaning their fifty-gallon tank that has a sand base.
- This report comments on how they had been using a competing product but they felt that it was tedious to use so they switched over to the Tera Pump Aquarium Cleaner and that they are satisfied with it. They mention that they remove the nozzle heads when cleaning between the small crevasses in their rocks and that they have successfully use it to easily clean the sand in their tanks. They finish by mentioning how they highly recommend this cleaning pump.