In this article, we will be taking a look at how to make bone broth for dogs that is not only delicious but also quick and easy to prepare. It is so easy in fact, the vast majority of dog owners will be able to make it even if they have little to no experience in the kitchen.
We have seen a number of people asking about bone broth so decided to research the various products and recipes available. We hope that in publishing this article, we will be able to help any of our readers who are also looking for ways to make bone broth for their pet dog.
How To Make Bone Broth For Dogs
There are two main ways to make bone broth for dogs and we will be covering both of them. The first is to use a high-quality quick and easy commercial doggy bone broth product and the second is to make the bone broth from scratch at home.
Both have their advantages and disadvantages. For example, the commercial bone broth will cost money whereas the homemade bone broth will cost you your time in making the broth and cleaning up afterward. Both are totally valid methods to make an excellent high-quality bone broth for your dog that it is sure to enjoy.
The Best Bone Broth On The Market
As with any market-leading product, it has developed its own dedicated and loyal core user base who use this product as a quick and easy to make bone broth. You can click here to read some of the independent reviews of the honest kitchens bone broth left by these dog owners if you wish.
Features And Benefits
This easy to make bone broth is perfect for dog owners who are wanting to provide their dog with a quick, yet nutritional snack. All you have to do is add water and then warm as advised on the packaging of the product, different power microwaves will require different warming times but it literally takes minutes.
This all-natural recipe is free from any low-quality preservatives or by-products that the competition may use. It is 100% fit for human consumption too as the honest kitchen believe that if its good enough for our pets then it should also be good enough for us.
A single container is able to provide around 10 cups of healthy, yet delicious broth but you can increase this by watering the broth down. Just keep in mind that this will affect the flavor slightly.
Question – Is this product made in China?
Answer – No the honest kitchen make their products in the United States of America.
Question – What are the ingredients of this product?
Question – What is the nutritional breakdown for the honest kitchens bone broth?
As with any product we recommend to our readers, we always like to share some reports from independent dog owners who either currently are or have recently used this bone broth for their dogs.
You can see some reports below that we have summarised for easy reading or click the links to their sources to read them in full if you like.
- This report comments on how their dog has various hip problems, they go on to comment about how their dog sitter recommended that they try a bone broth to help with their dog’s bad hips. After a few weeks of making the switch the owners comments on how their dog had more mobility and how they would recommend honest kitchens bone broth for anyone with a senior dog.
- This report comments on how they have a senior dog who is suffering from arthritis and kidney issues. They decided to try the honest kitchens bone broth as a way to help get calories into their dog. They mention how their dog enjoys the broth and laps it up quickly providing a way for the owner to sneak other foods in with the broth to help increase their dog’s calorie count.
- This report comments on how their dog adores the honest kitchens bone broth and how the owner uses it as a quick and easy way to hydrate and warm up their dog after a winter hike.
- This report comments on how their dog has joint issues, hip dysplasia, a weak immune system, and various allergies. The go on to comment about how they were advised to try a bone broth to help improve their dogs quality of life. After trying a few other products they settled on the honest kitchens bone broth and confirm that their dogs are enjoying it.
- This report comments on how they have been feeding their dogs the honest kitchens bone broth and that their dog’s coats have improved and are now sleek and shiny.
The image below shows the preparation instructions directly from the product labeling.
A Video Overview
How To Make Home Made Bone Broth For Dogs
Rather than type up our own homemade bone broth recipes, we decided to share some high-quality youtube videos covering this topic in detail. The video below shows a quick and easy homemade bone broth recipe for dogs that is perfect for anyone wanting to boost their dogs nutritional intake.
Dog Bone Broth Vegetables
A common question that we see asked is based on different variations of asking what types of vegetable dogs are able to safely eat. Although some people think dogs are carnivores, they are actually omnivores meaning that they can survive without any major issues on a diet of either pure meat, pure vegetables or a mixture of both.
Our post on the ultimate food list for dogs goes into more detail on the best food types you should and should not be feeding your dogs but here is a list of vegetables that can be used in your bone broths.
- Green Beans
- Sweet Potatoes
How Much Bone Broth Should I Feed My Dog
There is no one size fits all answer when it comes to how much bone broth you should feed your dog. As explained in the reports earlier in the article, some people are using bone broth as a quick and easy way to increase the calorie intake in senior or infirm dogs. Other younger dogs may prefer their regular high-quality dog food over bone broth. It all comes down to the circumstances of both you and your dog, test and adjust to see what path is better for you.
Here are some of our other articles that cover specific conditions in dogs and some of the better food options to take for them:-