In this article, we will be taking a look at how to get skunk smell out of a dog quickly and easily at home. Each year we always see a bunch of people reaching out for help on how best to do this as their dogs end up trying to make friends with skunks.
We have decided to research the best methods out there to remove the smell from your dog and decided to publish this article. Our hope is that it will be able to help as many of our readers as possible who end up finding themselves in this situation.
How To Get Skunk Smell Out Of A Dog
If your dog smells like a skunk then there is a high chance you are desperate to find something that can get rid of the smell. Thankfully, we have found a number of products that you can take advantage of to help you make your dog smell normal again.
We will be covering one commercial product that is the quickest and easiest way to deal with the problem but it does come with a relatively low price tag considering how effective it is. We also have some home remedies that you can try based on common household items. Although these items are usually a little cheaper than a commercial product or may already be in your home, they tend to be less effective or work slower.
The Best Skunk Odor Remover For Dogs
Their current customer base has left plenty of reviews of the product online that you can read by clicking here if you like. All of those reviews have been left by third-party dog owners who are totally independent and have no connection at all to our website. We feel that making our readers aware of these reviews helps give them a well-rounded opinion of the product from other dog owners who either currently are or recently have used the product.
Features And Benefits
Nature’s Miracle Skunk Odor Remover is currently available in two different scents, original and lavender. Both formulas are essentially the same and have the ability to eliminate the odor of a skunk from your dog in a matter of minutes once applied.
The unique active ingredients in the formula are liquid enzymes that are able to quickly neutralized the chemical on your dog’s fur that causes the odor. Whereas some competing products simply mask the smell temporarily, Nature’s Miracle Skunk Odor Remover works to fully eliminate the smell by removing the source.
The formula is also one hundred percent safe for you to use on your pets, carpets, furniture, and any clothing that has picked up the scent of a skunk.
Question – Where is Nature’s Miracle Skunk Odor Remover produced?
Answer – It is made in Cincinnati, Ohio, The United States of America.
Question – Does the original Nature’s Miracle Skunk Odor Remover formula have a scent to it?
Answer – Yes, it has a very slight floral scent.
Question – Where can I find instructions on how to use Nature’s Miracle Skunk Odor Remover?
Answer – The full instructions on how to use the product are on the side of the packaging but the image below also explains the process.
The reports below have been summarised by us to make the quicker and easier for our readers to get through. If you want to read any of the reports in full simply click on the link for each report to be taken to the original.
All of these reports are from independent dog owners who either currently are or recently have used Nature’s Miracle Skunk Odor Remover to treat skunk odor on their pet dogs.
- This report comments on how they turned to Nature’s Miracle Skunk Odor Remover after their two Great Pyrenees came into contact with some skunks. They mention that before they decided to try Nature’s Miracle Skunk Odor Remover they tried a number of other treatments without any luck. They go on to mention how in as little as only five minutes after using Nature’s Miracle Skunk Odor Remover their dogs we back to smelling normal and the Skunk scent had totally gone.
- This report comments on how their dog got into a fight with a skunk. They go on to mention how they tried a bunch of things to try and get rid of the smell on their dog and weren’t having much luck. They go on to mention how they turned to Nature’s Miracle Skunk Odor Remover and it managed to get rid of the smell within five minutes.
- This report comments on how their dog likes to roll in fox poop and pee and anything else that smells foul. They go on to mention that they use Nature’s Miracle Skunk Odor Remover to remove these scents from their dog in about five minutes.
- This report comments on how their dog has a tendency to get sprayed by skunks. They go on to say how they keep a container of Nature’s Miracle Skunk Odor Remover under their sink as it happens so often. They mention how it works and that in their opinion, it is the best product out there to deal with the scent of skunks on your dog.
- This report comments on how they found a dog that had got lost and been sprayed by a skin. They mention how they dropped the dog off at the shelter but their car still had the scent of skunk due to the dog being in their car. They go on to mention how they tried a number of things to get rid of the smell of skunk from their car but nothing was working. They finally turned to Nature’s Miracle Skunk Odor Remover and mention how it was able to completely get rid of the smell of skunks.
The image below shows the full ingredient profile for Nature’s Miracle Skunk Odor Remover.
An Independent Video Review
Dog Sprayed By Skunk Home Remedy
We will now be taking a look at a number of different home remedies that you may have some success with when trying to remove the smell of skunks from your dogs. As we mentioned earlier in the article, these methods tend not to be as effective as Nature’s Miracle Skunk Odor Remover covered above and they also work slower. That said, some people may already have these in their homes and be able to use them on their dogs.
Dog Sprayed By Skunk Apple Cider Vinegar Treatments
A high-quality Apple Cider Vinegar can be used to reduce the smell of a skunks sprays on your dog. The best part is that Apple Cider Vinegar is a common household item that many people will already have in their homes.
There are multiple reports of dog owners online simply adding Apple Cider Vinegar to a towel and scrubbing their dog’s fur. Although it can take a fair amount of time and effort before the Apple Cider Vinegar begins to take effect, it can be a slightly cheaper way to get rid of the skunk smell for a little cheaper than using Nature’s Miracle Skunk Odor Remover.