In this article, we will be taking a look at how to get a cat with pancreatitis to eat its meals without issue. We have seen a steady number of cat owners whose pets are suffering from pancreatitis reaching out for advice on the best way to get them eating again.
Due to this, we have decided to research the topic and put together this article in the hope that it helps any of our readers in this same situation. We have come up with what we feel are the most effective methods that have the highest chance of success.
How To Get A Cat With Pancreatitis To Eat
From our research, there are four main steps that have proven successful for cat owners trying to get their cats suffering from pancreatitis to eat. We will be covering them in greater detail below but here they are in order of easiest to hardest:-
- Use a high-quality cat food with macronutrients suitable for pancreatitis.
- Use a high-quality pet syringe to feed your cat its meals.
- Use Nasogastric Tubes to feed your cats.
- Treatment with your local veterinarian but this will only work in a small number of cases.
The Best Food For Cats With Pancreatitis
In our opinion, the best cat food currently available without a prescription in wide circulation for cats with pancreatitis is Wellness Complete Health Natural Grain Free Wet Canned Cat Food Pate. Although it is a massively popular product amongst cat owners in a number of niches, its macronutrient breakdown and texture are both perfect for any cats with pancreatitis. Depending on how bad your cat’s condition is, offering a cat a food with suitable macronutrients can help the situation and get your cat eating again.
With this particular product being so popular, there are plenty of reviews online from cat owners in various circumstances sharing their experience with it. You can click here to read some reviews from other independent cat owners who have used this product to feed their cats suffering from pancreatitis. You can click here to read some general reviews about the product left by other third-party cat owners who have used the product to feed their cats.
Features And Benefits
Wellness Complete Health Natural Grain Free Wet Canned Cat Food Pate is currently available in a ten different flavors to ensure that there is at least one flavor available that will fit your cat’s preference. Its macronutrient breakdown of 10.5% protein, 7% fat, and 1% fiber make it the ideal food for any cat differencing with pancreatitis.
Due to this cat food being one hundred percent grain free, there is less chance of flare-ups or allergic reactions to grains that are commonly used as cheap fillers in some competing products. The lack of grains also makes it much easier for your cat to digest and absorb all of the essential nutrients it requires.
As it is a pate, the food has a much smoother texture than many other cat foods out there that can also help your cat to consume the product easier. Finally, the food is jam-packed with high-quality proteins with the best possible ingredients available. This helps to offer your cat all of the vitamins, minerals, and anti-oxidants it requires.
Question – Where is Wellness Complete Health Natural Grain Free Wet Canned Cat Food Pate. made?
Answer – It is made in North America.
Question – Are any of the ingredients in Wellness Complete Health Natural Grain Free Wet Canned Cat Food Pate. sourced from China?
Answer – No, steps have been taken to ensure that the ingredients in this product are sourced from North America or Europe.
Question – Where can I see a full list of ingredients for Wellness Complete Health Natural Grain Free Wet Canned Cat Food Pate.?
Answer – Although the ingredients do change slightly from flavor to flavor, the image below shows the ingredients list directly from the manufacturer.
- This report comments on how one of their senior cats started to have issues with pancreatitis. They mention that since they started using Wellness Complete Health Natural Grain Free Wet Canned Cat Food Pate their cat has not had any more stomach issues, vomiting issues or litter box issues. They mention how they have tried a number of other products currently on the market but none were as good as this for their cats.
- This report comments on how one of their cats came down with pancreatitis and they decided to research the ideal diet for her. They mention that they wanted to find a grain free cat food as grains can aggravate the condition and make it worse while also looking for a cat food that is low in carbohydrates. They finish by saying that both the owner and the cat are happy with the product.
- This report comments on how both of their cats love Wellness Complete Health Natural Grain Free Wet Canned Cat Food Pate and that it doesn’t cause any stomach issues. They mention that they feel that this cat food is especially good for their cat that suffers from pancreatitis.
The image below shows the full nutritional breakdown for Wellness Complete Health Natural Grain Free Wet Canned Cat Food Pate.
An Independent Video On The Grain Free Range
Resorting To Syringe Feeding
Depending on how bad the condition of your cat is, you may need to resort to using a specialist pet feeding syringe. Although some cat owners feel the process is a little cruel, food and nutrients are essential for your cat to live so sometimes these things are essential. If your cat is also off its water supply then our article on how to get your cat to drink water when sick maybe helpful.
Now there are a whole bunch of different ways you can feed a cat suffering from pancreatitis with a syringe, we feel the video below shows the best method that should be usable by anyone without much difficulty.