In this article, we will be taking a look at the best way to clean fish tank gravel without removing water. More and more people are becoming aquarium enthusiasts each year either keeping fish, tanks or reefs and reaching out for assistance on how best to care for their tank.
While researching this post we have seen some ingenious ways aquarium enthusiasts have come up with to clean their tank gravel without having to remove the water. Rather than going to all the trouble to come up with these inventions yourself, there are thankfully some commercial options that are cheap and will work just as well if not better.
We will be covering these tools in more detail throughout the article but here are the two main ones we would recommend:-
- Tera Pump Aquarium Cleaner. (Budget Option)
- Eheim Quick Vac Pro Automatic Gravel Vacuum Cleaner. (Premium Option)
The Best Way To Clean Fish Tank Gravel Without Removing Water
It has managed to establish itself as the best plastic siphon based gravel vacuum on the market with little to no real competition. We would like to point out that there are many potentially dangerous Chinese knock-off products that are low-quality and only save you a dollar or two. Always make sure that you buy from “Tera Pump” to ensure you are getting a safe and high-quality product!
Features And Benefits
The Tera Pump Aquarium Cleaner is the perfect solution to clean your aquarium gravel without needing to do a full water change. It has been specifically designed to be very easy to use even if you are brand new to aquarium keeping.
The pump comes with two different types of nozzles to make it easier to that are easy to switch between to allow you to clean your gravel in different ways. The longer nozzle is the best fit for removing either fish waste or leftover food while the short nozzle can be used for drainage or partial water changes.
The patented pump design allows you to quickly and easily remove any unwanted sand, fish waste or old food with minimal effort while keeping the plants and animals in your tank totally safe.
Question – Where is the Tera Pump Aquarium Cleaner made?
Answer – It is made in the United States of America.
Question – Is there a way to increase the suction power of the Tera Pump Aquarium Cleaner?
Answer – Yes, the most common reason for a lack of suction on the tool is the tubes and pimp not being securely attached. Ensure that they are attached correctly and the suction on the pump should increase.
- This report comments on how they feel that the Tera Pump Aquarium Cleaner is a fantastic siphon. They mention how it is better than some competing products that they have tried and that some of the other types of pump have broken easily. They finish by commenting on how this has a simpler design that the competition and is less likely to break and has outlasted other products they have tried.
- This report comments on how the Tera Pump Aquarium Cleaner is the simplest and best aquarium siphon cleaner that they have used. They mention that some of the competing products out there that they have tried don’t even compare to this.
- This report comments on how they didn’t expect much from the Tera Pump Aquarium Cleaner but they were pleasantly surprised. They mention how they highly recommend the pump and that it does a good job or picking up excess debris from the rocks in their tank and has an impressive water flow rate.
- This report comments on how they used to use a competing product but it was not as good as the Tera Pump Aquarium Cleaner. They mention how both their fifteen gallon and thirty-gallon tanks have a rock substrate in them and they use this pump with its short nozzle to clean it without issue.
Shared under Creative Commons – https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/
angela n. – Seattle Aquarium – https://flic.kr/p/4Zjvy9