In this article, we will be taking a look at a few ways that you can serve your dog canned dog food with pumpkin to help get the health benefits of pumpkin into your dog.
Initially, we wanted to make a list of pre-made, commercial dog foods that contained pumpkin. Unfortunately, the few canned dog foods that we could find that did have pumpkin in it contained it in trace amounts that offer little to no benefit to your dog.
Due to this, we decided to research the various pumpkin toppings out there that would still help get the benefits into your dog just as easy as if it was already in the food.
Before getting into the pumpkin sources, we will quickly touch on some of the health benefits of pumpkin for dogs:-
- Pumpkin has been shown to offer multiple digestive health benefits for dogs when consumed regularly.
- Multiple studies have also shown that regular consumption of pumpkin can help improve your dog’s urinary health.
- Studies have also suggested that pumpkin can help with weight management in dogs when included in a healthy balanced diet.
- Pumpkin is also very nutrient rich offering a quick and easy way to get extra vitamins and minerals into your dog.
- Finally, pumpkin has been shown to improve the immune system in humans and it is believed this may also be the case for dogs.
Weruva Pumpkin Patch Up
Initially, it was designed to be a puree based pumpkin based digestive supplement for both dogs and cats. Since then it has ended up evolving to be used as a treat as well as a digestive supplement and has became the leading pumpkin based topper on the market.
If you are going to use it as a way to add pumpkin to your dog’s meal rather than a treat, simply put ten percent less of your dog’s food in its bowl and make up the missing ten percent with Weruva Pumpkin Patch Up.
The image below shows the full ingredients list, nutritional breakdown, and feeding instructions for Weruva Pumpkin Patch Up.
Weruva Pumpkin Patch Up maintains the natural high fiber in raw pumpkin passing on the digestive benefits onto your dog. The product is free from all grains and gluten further increasing the digestive benefits of the product.
Raw Paws Organic Pumpkin
The current cat and dog owners who either currently are or recently have used Raw Paws Organic Pumpkin as a food supplement for their dogs have left a number of reviews online. You can click here to read some of them if you like to ready about the experiences of other pet owners using the product.
The image below shows the recommended serving sizes of the product as per the size of your pet. We would draw your attention to the fact that measurements are given in both teaspoons and tablespoons rather than one or the other.