Getting your first puppy can be an exciting experience but also very stressful if your puppy is teething. We are going to help reduce that stress by going over the best puppy chew toys for teething dogs. We will be covering the best toys for teething puppies and the best edible chews for puppies. That way you get the best options from both worlds while your puppy gets some relief during the teething process.
While the best puppy chew toys offer a long-term toy even for aggressive chewers to play with the best edible chews for puppies offer a shorter-term toy that can also serve as a healthy snack. The product list below has both edible and non-edible toys for a teething puppy so you can choose what meets your needs.
Nylabone Puppy Starter Pack – The Best Puppy Chew Toys For Teething
The first product on our list of the best puppy chew toys for teething dogs is from Nylabone. A well-established company that has managed to grow an excellent reputation for itself amongst pet owners over the years. Most of their products have raving reviews on sites such as amazon.com from their loyal fans.
In our opinion, these are the best chew bones for puppies. You get three different products in this pack, one edible, one for comfort and one for general playing. The edible teething bone is lamb and apple flavor and puppies seem to love the smell and taste of it. The pink comfort bone has a unique design to help apply pressure to a puppies teeth and gums as required. The final white bone is for general play but can also help with some teething issues if required. If your puppy is an aggressive chewer then the white bone is perfect as it is resilient and hand to break down. A word of warning for the pink bone, try to put it in your puppy toy box overnight to avoid accidentally stepping on it as it can be painful with bare feet.
The edible bone has a slight smell to it and may leave a stain on furniture depending on the saliva buildup. If your furniture does stain, warm soapy water should be able to remove it with minimal effort.
The puppy starter pack has managed to get over 3000 reviews on amazon.com averaging four stars. Although there was a product recall back in 2015, we are happy to say the product is back in wide circulation. Due to being specifically designed as teething bones for puppies, any shards that break off will be very small and easy for your puppy to pass naturally.
Question – How long are each of the Nylabone puppy starter pack chews?
Answer – They are around four and a half inches each.
Question – Where are the Nylabone puppy starter pack chews produced?
Answer – All Nylabone puppy starter pack chews are made in the United States of America.
Question – Can your puppy eat any of the Nylabone puppy starter pack chews?
Answer – Yes, your puppy is able to eat one of the three chews included in the package. As each chew is from their own individual range to offer as much variety as possible for your puppy, two of the chews are tough and made of plastic.
Although we are pleased with how much trust our reader base puts into us, we always like to share some independent reports on any product that we recommend to our readers. All of the below reports are from third-party dog owners who either currently are or have recently used the Nylabone puppy starter pack chews as a chew toy for their puppy.
We have summarized their reports to make for easier and quicker reading but you can click any of the links for the reports to read them in full if you choose.
- This report comments on how even the synthetic bones are packed with flavor as their puppy loves them so much. They comment on how their puppy has a number of alternative chew toys such as rawhide bones but it chooses to chew on the Nylabone puppy starter pack chews instead. They also comment on how the owner ordered them a while before publishing their report but they have stood the test of time and their puppy still uses them.
- This report comments on how it been a year since they ordered the Nylabone puppy starter pack chews for their puppies. The go on to say how their puppies devoured the bone that is edible but still plays with their other bones from the set to this very day. The owner also comments on how they would highly recommend this product.
- This report comments on how they got the Nylabone puppy starter pack chews for their niece’s puppy. Soon after opening the product, the puppy settled down and started gnawing on the product keeping occupied with it. They go on to say that they had to take their puppy to their veterinarian and the only way they could get the puppy to stay calm was to give it back its Nylabone puppy starter pack chew.
- This report comments on goes into the individual use for each of the three bones in the Nylabone puppy starter pack chew set and how they used them for various stages of their puppies growth.
- This report also comments on how these chews are strongly flavored. They then go on to say how the spiked chew bone in the Nylabone puppy starter pack chew set has really helped their puppy through the teething process and how the owner would recommend this product for anyone in the same boat.
Nylabone Just For Puppies Peanut Butter and Chicken Flavored Bone – The Best Puppy Chew Toys For Teething
This second product by Nylabone is definitely one of the best bones for teething puppies. Each pack contains one chicken and one peanut butter flavored chew bone. The peanut butter bone has been extensively tested to ensure it is allergy free to keep your pup safe. Puppies love the delicious flavors and smell of these bones and seem to keep themselves occupied. Although neither bone is intended to be edible, small shards may drop off during chewing but can be passed naturally.
Both bones are free from a squeaker meaning your dog can play with its toys without any annoying sounds. Made from a unique nylon mix, both bones are strong enough to last months even with aggressive chewers. Nylabone have tested a number of different sized bones before settling on this as it was the most popular.
Chewing the end of the bone definitely seems to help reduce pain during teething making these one of the best teething toys for puppies. Each bone is still soft enough for puppies to sink their teeth into them to get quick relief from pain.
Retailing at around the $10 mark for four bones or $5 mark for two, these bones are a steal. That said, additional discounts may be available during periods such as Black Friday. They are long lasting and have the potential to keep your puppy occupied for hours while helping with teething.
Although some people have reported small stains being left behind after use, most people have not encountered this problem. It has been suggested that the staining may be from the bone being knocked into the food bowl. Any stains that are left behind from the bones can be easily removed with warm soapy water.
Question – Do these Nylabone just for puppies chew toys squeak?
Answer – No these are regular chew toys.
Question – Are any of the Nylabone just for puppies chew toys edible?
Answer – No, unlike the other offering from Nulabone above, none of the chews in this package are edible.
Question – Can you give Nylabone just for puppies chew toys to puppies?
Answer – You can but it is advised that they be at least eight weeks old.
- This report comments on how their nine-month-old puppy is a chewer. They then go on to comment on how their puppy enjoyed chewing on the Nylabone just for puppies chew toy and that they have used Nylabone products for their dogs for over thirty years due to their high-quality.
- This report comments on how the owner is a doggy foster mom and can have anywhere between three and five puppies in their house at any one time. They then go on to comment on how the Nylabone just for puppies chew toy are perfect for what they need to keep their foster puppies entertained.
- This report comments on how their puppy likes to destroy everything it touches. They then go onto say how the Nylabone just for puppies chew toy is the only thing they have managed to find that manages to stand up their puppies chewing. They also comment on how their senior dog also like to have the odd chew on the bones too.
- This report comments on how the Nylabone just for puppies chew toy provides hours of safe stress relief for their puppy.
- This report comments on how their puppy loves Nylabone just for puppies chew toy especially the flavored ones. They then go on to say how their puppy will happily chew these bones for hours without getting sick like she does with rawhide chews.
N-Bone Puppy Teething Treat – The Third Best Puppy Chew Toys For Teething
Our third product for the best puppy chew toys for teething dogs comes from N-Bone. Being the first fully edible product on our list it is definitely one of the best chews for puppies! Containing 28 chews per bag, you can usually make each bag stretch at least a month. Each chew can keep a puppy occupied for well over an hour, even if your puppy is an aggressive chewer. While retailing around the $5 mark, they are a total bargain to keep your puppy occupied for a month! They have proven extremely popular managing to get over 550 reviews on amazon.com averaging four stars.
They are totally free of artificial preservatives or colors while also having a high protein content. Their unique pliable texture is perfect for perfect for chewing on while your puppy is teething. Their ingredients have also been designed to be quick and easy to digest without any problems.
Although they do have a slight smell that humans may not like, dogs seem to love it. As the chews contain chicken and vegetables, each chew is packed with vitamins and minerals for healthy growth. While helping to relieve pain while teething, their texture also helps to keep your puppies teeth clean and healthy.
These treats can stain furniture and carpets but the stains are easy to remove with warm soapy water. That said, it might be a good idea to only use them outdoors or in rooms with a wood floor.
Question – How many chews are in a packet of N-Bone Puppy Teething Treats?
Answer – There is no exact answer for this as the bags are sold by weight, not by treat count but you can expect around 28 pieces.
Question – Where are the N-Bone Puppy Teething Treats produced?
Answer – They are produced in the United States of America.
Question – Do the N-Bone Puppy Teething Treats promote gum health?
Answer – Yes, they have been specifically designed to promote oral health in your puppy while it chews on the chew.
- This report comments on how their puppy gets excited when she is given one of these treats and that it usually keeps her occupies for around ten minutes.
- This report comments on how the owner bought a bunch of different treats to see what worked best for their dog. The go on to say how the N- Bone Puppy Teething Treat was the only product that was able to soothe their puppy while teething.
- This report comments on how the N- Bone Puppy Teething Treat taste good and that they help soothe the pain of teething while also being non-damaging for the new teeth coming through.
- This report comments on how their eleven-week-old puppy can be kept occupied for around twenty minutes and then go on to say how they worked like a charm.
- This report comments on how they give their puppy one stick a day to help with teething. They then go on to say how it soothes their puppy so much it will often go to sleep.
N-Bone Puppy Teething Ring – One Of The Best Puppy Chew Toys For Teething
Our next product is also from N-bone, the teething ring is definitely one of the best puppy teething toys. Rather than just being something to chew on it is also a toy to help keep your puppy occupied and busy.
A pack of six puppy chew rings currently retail at around $6 and each chew ring will last around one week. If you are looking for a quick, easy and cheap chew toy for your puppy then the teething ring is a solid choice. Definitely, a strong contender for the best puppy chew toys for teething dogs title they have proven very popular. The product currently has over 500 reviews on amazon.com with an average score of four stars.
The rings are edible and easily digestible for a puppies stomach. Packed with vitamins and minerals for healthy growth and additional calcium to assist with teething. You can rest assured your got is getting a healthy treat to chew on.
Your puppy will be able to take advantage of the rugged twisting shape of each ring to easily apply pressure to their gums. This can help relieve some of the pain from the teething process and let your puppy chew in comfort. Although available in a number of flavors, the most popular ones are definitely the chicken flavor.
If you have a litter of puppies then these are the ideal chew toy. They are big enough for multiple puppied to chew on it at the same time while also playing tug of war and staying entertained with each other.
Question – What is the recommended serving pet puppy for N-Bone Puppy Teething Rings?
Answer – The image below shows the recommended servings.
Question – What is the ingredients list for N-Bone Puppy Teething Rings?
Answer – The image below shows the full ingredients list for these puppy chews.
Question – What is the nutritional breakdown of these treats?
Answer – The image below shows the full nutritional analysis of N-Bone Puppy Teething Rings.
- This report comments on how N-Bone Puppy Teething Rings have been an absolute lifesaver for the dog owner as their puppy loves to chew. They then go on to mention how they will be buying them again as they worked so well.
- This report comments on how their german shepherd puppy began to chew everything when it started teething. They then go on to comment about trying a number of treats on the market before settling on these and how N-Bone Puppy Teething Rings were the only ones to hold their puppies attention for more than a few minutes.
- This report comments on how their nine-week-old puppy loves these treats, they also share the tip of putting N-Bone Puppy Teething Rings in the freezer as the cold helps soothe their gums even more.
- This report comments on how their puppy is hyperactive but N-Bone Puppy Teething Rings are able to focus their dog’s attention and keep it occupied. They go on to say how they would highly recommend these treats.
- This report comments on how N-Bone Puppy Teething Rings are able to keep their puppy focused for around 20 minutes without issue. They mention how the chicken flavor is their puppies favorite but it also likes the Pumpkin ones too.
Dingo Twist Sticks Rawhide Treats – One Of The Best Puppy Chew Toys For Teething
The final product on our list of the best puppy chew toys for teething dogs is the Dingo Twist Sticks Rawhide Treats. Made from a rawhide and chicken blend they have proven to be very popular with puppies. At the time of writing, they have over 900 reviews on amazon.com with the average rating being 4.5 stars.
The unique twisted swirl of the shape makes it harder for puppies to get to the chicken making them chew for longer. The variation in depth along the treat adjusts the pressure on gums offering some pain relief. The unique shape can also assist with cleaning your puppies teeth during chewing. Currently retailing at around $5 and containing 50 treats, these are a bargain. With the rawhide extending the chew duration, you can stretch these out over almost two months.
Unlike some of the other products on this list, these do not smell bad and have a minimal stain risk. This means you can feed them to your puppy whenever and where ever you without out worry. There are a larger number of reviews by puppy owners on amazon.com raving about these treats suggesting that their puppies loved them.
Each treat is around six inches long and as wide as a quarter. They should easily fit in the mouth of all breeds of puppy offering an excellent chewing treat during teething.
Question – Do Dingo Twist Sticks Rawhide Treats come in any other colors or flavors?
Answer – No, they are only available in Red and rawhide flavor.
Question – Where are these treats produced?
Answer – Dingo Twist Sticks Rawhide Treats are currently made in China.
Question – What are the ingredients list for Dingo Twist Sticks Rawhide Treats?
Answer – The full ingredients list direct from the packaging is shown in the image below.
- This report comments on their dog loves Dingo Twist Sticks Rawhide Treats, they comment on how they are much cheaper than the competition and readily available.
- This report comments on how their dogs love Dingo Twist Sticks Rawhide Treats so much that they get excited just at the word “dingo”. They then go on to comment on how their dog prefers to chew on these rather than the rawhide alternatives the owner provides.
- This report comments on how their dog is a fussy eater and that plaque seems to build upon her teeth quickly. They then go on to say that Dingo Twist Sticks Rawhide Treats are the only chews that their dog will eat and how it helps with the plaque buildup.
- This report comments on how their dogs use Dingo Twist Sticks Rawhide Treats every day, they then go on to comment on how they help to keep the plaque buildup low on their teeth.
- This report comments on how their dog uses Dingo Twist Sticks Rawhide Treats every day without fail. They also comment on how their size is perfect for small dogs.