Over the past ten years or so, a number of canine dental hygiene treats have been released on the market. Due to there being such a large amount to choose from, we decided to take a look at the best dog treats for teeth.
We hope that this article will help our readers understand the market and find the product they need. We have seen a number of people looking at how to remove plaque from dog’s teeth so we hope this article will help any of our readers in the same boat.
The Best Dog Treats For Teeth
Generally, when it comes to the best dog teeth cleaning chews we always recommend Greenies Original dental dog chews. They have one of the best reputations on the market when it comes to dental treats and currently have over 6000 positive reviews from dog owners on Amazon.
The treats have been specifically designed for a single dog treat to be enough to clean your dog’s teeth. In addition to cleaning your dog’s teeth, they also freshen your dog’s breath with their unique all in one design.
Although the dog treats look similar to a toothbrush, there is a method to the design. The shape and texture of the treats clean down to your dog’s gum line when chewed offering a better clean than competitors. This deeper clean fights tartar and plaque build-up on your dog’s teeth promoting good dental hygiene.
Each treat is also packed with various vitamins and minerals to help offer a balanced nutritional profile to your dog. The natural, highly soluble ingredients make the treats easy to digest to help avoid any digestive upset after use.
Question – What are the sizes of Greenies Original TEENIE Dog Dental Chews?
Answer – The sizes of the treats are as follows:-
Teenie – 2 3/4″ – 5-15 lbs
Petite – 3 1/2″ – 15-25 lbs
Regular – 4 1/4″ – 25-50 lbs
Large – 5 1/4″ – 50-100 lbs
Jumbo – 6″ – over 100 lbs
Question – Are these meant to be bendy?
Answer – Yes, they are designed to be flexible for better chewing.
Question – Where are these treats produced?
Answer – Greenies Original TEENIE Dog Dental Chews are produced in Kansas City USA.
We always like to share some third-party independent reports on products that we recommend. We have summarised the reports below to save reading time but you can click on any of the related links to read the original reports in full. These dog owners have either recently, or currently are using Greenies Original TEENIE Dog Dental Chews as a treat for their dogs.
- This report comments on how their dog loves eating these chews. They go on to comment on how their local veterinarian mentioned how their dog’s teeth and gums were exceptionally healthy.
- This report comments on how Greenies Original TEENIE Dog Dental Chews are their dog’s favorite treats. They mention how their dog is always waiting at their pantry first thing on a morning for its morning treat. They also comment on how their dog’s teeth and gums are in great condition and how they attribute that to these treats.
- This report comments on how they turned to Greenies Original TEENIE Dog Dental Chews as their dog’s breath was beginning to smell bad. The mention how their dog enjoyed the treats and gobbled them up as if they were stake and that their dog’s breath is now smelling much better.
- This report comments on how their dog is finicky and often leaves treats on the floor if they don’t meet their dog’s standards. They go on to say how their dog loves Greenies Original TEENIE Dog Dental Chews and that their dog’s teeth and gums are in great shape.
- This report comments on how both of their dogs love Greenies Original TEENIE Dog Dental Chews. They go on to comment on how one of their dogs has excessive tartar and these treats help to keep it under control.
The Below Video Is One Of The Many Dog Dental Chews Reviews Available!
The Second Best Dog Dental Chews
The second best dog teeth cleaning chews on the market has to be Pedigree Dentastix. Although Pedigree is a long time player in the dog food market, their Dentastix has earned their place as one of the top dog dental hygiene products on the market. At the time of writing, Dentastix has over 3500 positive reviews from dog owners on Amazon.
Dentastix has a unique patented design that is clinically proven to help remove plaque and reduce tartar buildup in your dog. They also clean down to your dog’s gumline helping to promote healthy gums and mouth while improving your dog’s breath.
Question – Are Pedigree Dentastix made in China?
Answer – No, Pedigree Dentastix are made in North America split between factories in Canada and the United States of America.
Question – Are Pedigree Dentastix hard? The last thing I Want is to give my dog a choking hazard.
Answer – Their unique formula gives them a similar consistency to a tough cookie. Your dog should be fine. If your dog has jaw or teeth issues you can dip these in warm water, gravy or broth before giving them to your dog to soften them.
Question – Are there any performance differences between the bacon or beef flavors?
Answer – No, both flavors will be able to help with your dog’s dental health.
- This report comments on how their dog loves Pedigree Dentastix. The go on to comment on how they have ordered over fifty packets over the course of a year.
- This report comments on how they highly recommend Pedigree Dentastix. They mention how they order them each month for foster dogs that have neglected teeth to help improve their dental health.
- This report comments on how both of their dogs have bad breath. They go on to say how they turned to Pedigree Dentastix to help improve the situation and then go on to say how their dog’s breath has improved since they started using these treats.
- This report comments on how their dog loves Pedigree Dentastix and the owner mentions how they think that it is their dogs favorite part of the morning. They comment on how they went a few months without having access to them and how their dog’s breath started to smell during that time.
- This report comments on how their dogs enjoy these treats and have half a stick everyday due to their dogs size. They then go on to comment on how their dog has very little tartar buildup considering its age.
The Third Best Dog Dental Chews
The third best dog teeth cleaning treats on the market have to be the Dingo Dental Sticks. They are an excellent budget option to help keep your dog’s teeth and gums healthy with a treat. Although the Greenies and Pedigree options are better quality, these Dingo treats help get the job done. At the time of writing, they have over 750 positive reviews from dog owners on Amazon.
The active ingredients in the treats are baking soda and parsley seeds. The baking soda helps to soften any plaque or tartar build up on your dog’s teeth while chewing and the parsley seeds rub against its teeth helping to remove any leftover plaque.
The chews have real chicken in their center to help encourage your dog to keep chewing the treat until it has all been consumed. Although they are lacking in any real ability to help with your dog’s gums, this is reflected in their price.
Question – Where are these Dingo Dental Sticks made?
Answer – At the time of writing, they are made in China but there are plans to start producing them in Cambodia and Vietnam due to the various problems with products coming out of China.
Question – Do Dingo Dental Sticks stain carpets or furniture?
Answer – They can cause stains but their new formula makes staining less common.
Question – Do Dingo Dental Sticks have a hard consistency?
Answer – Yes, they are particularly tough in an attempt to improve their ability to clean your dog’s teeth.
The Best Vet Recommended Dog Dental Chews
The next question we are usually asked is “Do dog dental sticks work“? In all honesty, this comes down to what you are looking for. Whereas they are an excellent tool to help promote dental health in your dog, they will always be second to brushing. This is also the standard advice offered by veterinary professionals too. The main advantage that dog dental treats have over brushing is that some dogs hate having their teeth brushed but will happily sit and eat a dog treat.
The Below Video Is A Veterinary In North America Offering His Professional Advice!
The Best Grain Free Dental Chews
If you have noticed that your dog has digestive problems when fed grain, these are the perfect dental hygiene treat. As you would expect, they help reduce tartar and plaque on your dog’s teeth while helping to promote healthy gums.
Why Should I Use A Dental Hygiene Treat For Dogs
As we have already mentioned, the best way to encourage dental hygiene in your dog is to brush its teeth. Although there are a number of specific dog toothbrushes on the market to try and make the process easier. Some dogs simply hate having their teeth cleaned and will do everything they can to avoid it.
Chances are, these same dogs will have no problems chewing on a high-quality dental hygiene treat. Although brushing their teeth is better, these treats offer a backup to help promote dental hygiene in your dog. They are set and forget meaning that all you have to do is to give your dog the treat and leave it to chew. This allows you to get on with other things around the house or relax knowing your dog will be occupied for some time.