In this article, we will be taking a look at the best aquarium thermometer available on the market today as well as four other high-quality products that can get the job done. We have seen a number of people asking for advice on choosing an accurate thermometer so we have decided to research the market and publish this article. Our goal is to help as many of our readers in this same situation as possible while also helping any people coming to our website directly from Google.
Although a very common item for aquarium enthusiasts to have, it’s always ideal to know that you are getting a high-quality product that will give accurate readings and not be a potential hazard for your tanks.
The Best Glass Aquarium Thermometer On The Market
Due to its large customer base of aquarium enthusiasts, there are plenty of reviews of the Marina Floating Thermometer online that you can read by clicking here if you like. All of those reviews have been left by third-party, independent aquarium enthusiasts who have no connection to our website at all. We feel that offering this insight helps to offer a more well-rounded view of the product to our readers.
Features And Benefits
The Marina Floating Thermometer is an extremely easy to read thermometer that can be left to free float around your aquarium tanks if you like or you can attach it to a set position using the suction cups. Either option you choose will provide accurate temperature readings for you to help monitor the performance of your tank.
The thermometer can be used to check the temperature of multiple tanks if required but we recommend you leave it to sit in each tank to normalize to each tanks temperature before taking a reading.
It also has a very easy to see temperature safety zone indicator to allow you to quickly and easily judge if your tanks are at a safe temperature or not.
Question – What part of the Marina Floating Thermometer should be submerged in the water?
Answer – Due to the product being able to free float around the tank you can simply place it in your aquarium and leave it to naturally assume its floating position, this will tell you what way up the thermometer needs to be.
Question – Is the Marina Floating Thermometer a durable product?
Answer – Yes, there are multiple reports from aquarium enthusiasts who have mentioned their thermometer taking a few hits without breaking.
Question – Does the Marina Floating Thermometer contain mercury?
Answer – Yes it does.
As we touched on earlier in the article, we always try to hunt down some third-party, independent reports from other aquarium enthusiasts who either currently are or recently have used any product that we recommend to our readers.
We then summarise their reports to make them easier and quicker to read for our readers and share them below. You can click on any of the associated links to the reports to be taken to the full, original report to read it in full if you like.
- This report comments on how they purchased four Marina Floating Thermometers to keep track of the temperatures of their aquarium tanks. They mention how the suction cup works flawlessly and that the actual temperature readings from the thermometer are accurate.
- This report comments on they purchased a Marina Floating Thermometer and attached it to their two and a half gallon aquarium tank. They mention how the suction cup works but should be cleaned during regular cleaning of your tank as they forgot to and its resulted in a little mold growing on the suction cup.
- This report comments on how they purchased the Marina Floating Thermometer as they wanted a floating thermometer for their seventy-five-gallon aquarium tank. They needed something to ensure that the tanks water temperature was correct and decided to give this thermometer a try. They go on to mention how this product is easy to read, even from the outside of the rank and that the suction cup seems strong.
- This report comments on how the Marina Floating Thermometer is a great thermometer. They confirm that the suction cup is strong and the thermometer never moves once placed in their tank. They go on to mention how the numbers representing the temperature are clear and easy to read and that the ideal temperature range feature makes it even easier to quickly check your tank.
- This report comments on how they decided to move over to the Marina Floating Thermometer as the thermometer strips that they were using were very hard to read in low light. They mention how they use two Marina Floating Thermometers in their ten-gallon tank and that they are a very low profile and easy to read in any light. They also comment on how they feel that this is a great buy.
The Best Accurate Digital Aquarium Thermometer On The Market
As with any market-leading product, there are plenty of independent reviews from third-party aquarium owners that you can read by clicking here if you like.
Features And Benefits
The Zacro LCD Digital Aquarium Thermometer is a quick and easy to use digital thermometer that is perfect for aquarium enthusiasts of all levels of experience. Simply submerge the testing probe into the water of your aquarium and keep the thermometer in your hand. It will quickly work out the temperature of the aquarium and display it on its easy to read LCD display.
It also has an effective suction cup that is easy to apply to the side of your aquarium if you like for constant monitoring of your tanks temperature. The Zacro LCD Digital Aquarium Thermometer is able to accurately detect and display temperatures from minus fifty degrees Celsius to plus seventy degrees Celsius with an ideal operating range of minus ten degrees Celsius to plus fifty degrees Celsius.
Question – How long is the probe cable length on the Zacro LCD Digital Aquarium Thermometer?
Answer – The probe cable length is around the 38 inches mark.
Question – Can the probe of the Zacro LCD Digital Aquarium Thermometer stay submerged indefinitely for constant temperature monitoring?
Answer – Yes, simply place the probe in your tank and use the included suction cup to attach the thermometer to a convenient location for constant temperature monitoring.
Question – How quickly can the Zacro LCD Digital Aquarium Thermometer workout the temperature of the aquarium water?
Answer – It depends on the settings of the thermometer, the most accurate mode can take around three minutes. That said, they quicker modes are usually accurate enough while being much quicker.
- This report comments on how they use the Zacro LCD Digital Aquarium Thermometer to track the temperature of their betta tank. They go on to mention how they fell that it is very user-friendly and well worth getting for its price. They also mention how they have had their Zacro LCD Digital Aquarium Thermometer for a few months now and have had to change the batteries.
- This report comments on how they feel that the Zacro LCD Digital Aquarium Thermometer is much better than a traditional glass thermometer. They go on to mention how it is accurate to plus or minus one degree making it a safer option for your aquarium tanks.
- This report comments on how they feel that the Zacro LCD Digital Aquarium Thermometer is super easy to use. They also go over the basics of using the thermometer to quickly and easily get accurate temperature readings of your aquarium water.
- This report comments on how the Zacro LCD Digital Aquarium Thermometer works well and is not obtrusive to your aquatic environment. They mention how the long cable between the probe and the actual thermometer allows them to quickly and easily use the tool without issue.
- This report comments on how they use the Zacro LCD Digital Aquarium Thermometer in their aquarium that they use for their betta fish. They go on to mention how the thermometer works as they expected and that it is accurate. They also mention how the suction cup works well, even when immersed in the water.
The Third Best Aquarium Thermometer On The Market
Again, due to its vast popularity, there are plenty of reviews online for the JW Pet Company Smarttemp Thermometer that you can read by clicking here if you like. All of those reviews have been left by third-party, independent aquarium enthusiasts who have no connection to our blog at all.
Features And Benefits
The JW Pet Company Smarttemp Thermometer is an excellent in tank thermometer that can be secured by using the included magnet outside the aquarium for constant temperature monitoring. This means that there is absolutely no requirement for a suction cup that may leave marks on your aquarium glass.
The JW Pet Company Smarttemp Thermometer also has a green safe zone to quickly and easily indicate if the water in your aquarium is at an optimal temperature range for most fish.
Question – Does the JW Pet Company Smarttemp Thermometer contain mercury?
Answer – No, it uses Red Alcohol.
Question – What is the length of the JW Pet Company Smarttemp Thermometer?
Answer – It is around four and a half inches end to end.
Question – Does the JW Pet Company Smarttemp Thermometer have any exposed metal?
Answer – No it is made of plastic.
- This report comments on how since switching to JW Pet Company Smarttemp Thermometer they can’t see themselves switching to anything else. They go on to mention how the thermometer anchors itself in both sand and gravel without any issues. They also mention how the thermometer is perfectly accurate and has been ever since its initial purchase.
- This report comments on how they are really happy with their JW Pet Company Smarttemp Thermometer. They go on to say that the thermometer is pretty easy to read and that they like the fact that the product is weighted so it won’t float around their aquarium tank.
- This report comments on how the JW Pet Company Smarttemp Thermometer is a little different to most. They mention how it uses a magnet to attach to your tank rather than a suction cup and that it stays in place even though their large Pleco sucks on it every night. They go on to mention how the thermometer is accurate and that it is also easy to read as it is a slightly larger size than the other products they have used. They finish by saying that if they need additional thermometers for their other tanks, this will be the product that they purchase.
- This report comments on how they really like the JW Pet Company Smarttemp Thermometer as they are able to move it around their tank and that it is easy to read the temperature from it. They also go on to mention how it’s more accurate than two competing products that they had purchased.
- This report comments on how the aquarium owner didn’t want to stick a lot of different things to their tank, especially anything that could leave a mark. They go on to say that the JW Pet Company Smarttemp Thermometer is perfect for their five-gallon tank as it is small enough to hide in the background while still accurately reading the water temperature.
The Fourth Best Aquarium Thermometer On The Market
As with any popular product, there are plenty of third-party reviews from independent aquarium enthusiasts on the American Thermal Liquid Crystal Aquarium Thermometer that you can read by clicking here if you like.
Question – Will the American Thermal Liquid Crystal Aquarium Thermometer work on an acrylic tank?
Answer – Although we haven’t tested this ourselves, we believe that it would work without issue.
Question – How do I know if the American Thermal Liquid Crystal Aquarium Thermometer is reporting the correct temperature?
Answer – The vast majority of these thermometers are fine with very little variation from the reported temperature and the actual temperature. If you like, you can test the water with another thermometer to confirm that these are working correctly.
Question – What are the dimensions of the American Thermal Liquid Crystal Aquarium Thermometer?
Answer – It is around five inches long and around a half of an inch high.